Yorkshire Sculpture Park.

25.2.13

On Saturday morning we woke up feeling rather optimistic that it wasn't as cold outside as it looked, so we decided to take a trip to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park armed with woolly gloves, hats and a bag full of food.

I have been to YSP once before, probably about 8 or 9 years ago, but as it's not far from us and the sculptures are always changing (not to mention I can't remember what I did 8 or 9 months ago, never mind years!) off we went.


The Pugs sat this one out and stayed at home in their nice warm bed, which was probably a wise move. On the drive up there not only had the temperature dropped by several degrees but it had also started to snow ever so slightly. Lily and Lola are very particular about the weather they will venture out in and I'm not sure their little legs would have made it, as it's a pretty big place.

After about an hour and a half, spotting a fair few sculptures and taking a long walk round the lake, we admitted defeat, mainly due to frozen fingers and snowy faces.


We will be heading back in the warmer months (there's that optimism again!) as it would be a great spot for a picnic and a warmer stroll around the grounds.

The exhibition due to start in Spring of this year looks pretty interesting I must say!

Have you ever visited YSP?

Ugg Australia Dylyn boots and Mellow Yellow handbag c/o Sarenza

20 comments:

  1. Aaahhh, sweet memories! I literally lived at the YSP as a student. I studied my degree there when it was part of Leeds Uni! Is the mansion still there?! I believe it's being converted into a spa hotel now it no longer belongs to the University! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love doing spontaneous things like this. Its nice to get out at the weekends rather than be cooped up inside, even if the weather is a bit iffy!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I loved Yorkshire Sculpture Park! I'd definitely like to visit again.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures Victoria, kudos for managing to still look amaze while in the snow! I've never actually been to YSP which is a real shame as it's so close by.

    Hannah x www.cagneyandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live right by the YSP when I'm not at Uni. I love that place, looks so much better bathed in sunshine!

    www.northoflondonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are wonderful! Seems like you had a great, if not chilly time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm from Yorkshire but I've never been. It looks fun though, I'll have to check it out!

    Becca x
    beccaclare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I may have been there a few years ago, however now I study art, I have heard a lot more about it, looks like a lovely place! Hope it wasn't too cold thoughxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look lovely! glad you had a nice day. :)


    http://shinebrightx18.blogspot.co.uk/ - personal blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos. Looks very picturesque! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a lovely time despite the cold! I spent a lot of time at the sculpture park for my degree though not been since! I do remember the lovely gift shop though! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun place to go for a walk and picnic (on a warmer day). Looking lovely as always :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is quite simply one of my favourite places in the world. Such a lovely walk, even without all the beautiful sculptures!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I visited YSP last year and it was lovely, I didn't expect it to be so big when I was looking at the map.

    It's only a couple hours away from where I live so we had a lovely family trip out, took the flask with coffee and everything. It did start to rain quite heavily while we were there but I think that just added to the fun.

    Did you see any squirrels while you were there? We saw loads and those highland cows too, which I was a bit wary about being so close to.

    Looks like you had a nice day out! x


    tashaajaynee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember visiting YSP last year sometime and I was amazed at how big the park was. I don't know why but I didn't expect it to be so big with sculptures dotted about all over.

    I really enjoyed the walk around though and the highland cows, although I was a bit wary at first about being so close to them. Ha!

    Since I only live a couple hours from York, it's definitely somewhere I want to go visit again and we had such a lovely family outing, complete with sandwiches and a flask of coffee, mmm!

    Looks like you had a lovely day, I think Lily and Lola's little legs would have been so worn out if you'd taken them!

    tashaajaynee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So picturesque, I can't believe I've lived in Yorkshire my whole life and have not visited :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just lovely! =)

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

    ReplyDelete
  18. first time viewing your blog due to lurking on bloglovin, I really love your blog, gained a new follow from me XD xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never been to Yorkshire it looks so lovely! Having serious hair envy here your hair is lovely, mine always looks so windswept whenever I go on a walk! haha xo

    ReplyDelete