Last weekend.

21.3.13

This week has run away with itself a little bit therefore it's almost time for a brand new weekend when here I am talking about the last one! Nonetheless I thought I'd share what we got up to last Saturday and Sunday along with a few photos I took with my new camera.

On Saturday I consumed way more crumble and custard than any one human should, paraded round in my new studded pumps as it stopped raining for all of 10 minutes and saw both my family and Jonathan's family.

My sister was back at my mum and dad's for a few days (she lives on the Isle of Man) so on Saturday they drove to Rotherham to see us. My sister even brought one of her dogs, Chilli the Chihuahua, who I love so dearly but haven't seen in so long. He's a little old man now and, as my sister got him as a wee puppy, he has been in our family for a rather long time (he's about12 years old if I'm not mistaken!)


After a cup of tea and a catch up we headed out for lunch at the Golden Ball in Rotherham, one of our favourite places to go for food. Service was a little slower than it has been for us in the past but we put that down to there being 5 of us instead of just Jonathan and I, plus we weren't in a rush. I had vegetable soup with bread and butter to start with, followed by a sweet potato and bean burger with chips, then finally the biggest bowl of apple and cherry crumble I have ever seen complete with ice cream AND custard.

Needless to say this lunch was more of a lunch and dinner all in one and probably my whole calorie allowance for the weekend, but not to worry. It was great to see my folks and my sister, who I don't get to see very often, and any excuse for a huge meal!

On Sunday we headed to Jonathan's mum and dad's house for a big Sunday lunch which is always followed by a cup of tea and a large quantity of biscuits and After Eight mints. Well if you can't treat yourself on a weekend, when can you?! ;)


The theme for the weekend ahead mainly revolves around food. We're going for dinner with friends and having a relaxing day on Sunday when no doubt we will cook something tasty and probably slightly fattening.

Have a good Friday folks!

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

18 comments:

  1. Seems like you had a practically perfect weekend really! These pictures are lovely, as always! And both yours and your sister's dog are so so cute! Every time I see either of your pugs, it makes me want one more and more! xxx

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pugs, anything with pugs on I'm a fan - so cute!

    Harri

    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! :) I'm loving the camera too. Can definitely notice a difference! :D
    I love a good weekend full of good food, hehe. Crumble and custard - my favourite! The sweet potato & bean burger looks yum too!
    Chilli is super cute. Lily and Lola are too, but you knew I thought that already :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a 50mm lens? If you do, you wanna try that to get the subject focused and the bg completely blurred. That´s what I use for the photos that I use for the my blog and it´s the effect I like the most. In any case, the photos you have, especially of the dogs are cute!

    About pigging out on weekends, I allow myself the same thing :) During the week, I am careful and make sure I eat enough but not too much. Weekends, I let myself go when the food and occasion calls for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah you mentioning crumbles has made me realise I haven't been near a crumble since I moved to the US. Man I love a good apple crumble, I think I may have to go and get stuffs to make a crumble soon - got a craving now haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing beats crumble and custard though! & your shoes are lovely :) xx


    http://shinebrightx18.blogspot.co.uk/ - lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely weekend. Loving your photos on the new camera! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those photos are absolutely lovely, are you enjoying the new camera? That burger looks uh-mazing, kind of want to grab it off the screen and eat it please! Chilli is a cutie, as are L&L as always! :) xo

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fruit crumble and custard!

    Sounds like you had a lovely weekend :) x

    tashaajaynee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing photos, and very jealous of the pugs! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect weekend of family, pooches and more importantly food! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the flats that you featured in this post! Looks like you can wear that with almost anything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos :-) That burger looks incredible! Now you have me craving one at 8am hehe. Sounds like a fab weekend! Enjoy this one! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely photographs! The weekends are definitely all about treating yourself <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am trying so hard to convince my boyfriend to buy a westie or a long haired chi. Your pugs are beautiful.

    Love From Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. That burger looks delicious! Looks like you had a lovely relaxing weekend.
    Your pugs are insanely cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I've used up my daily '' awhhhh'' allowance for the day. The little face at the end TOO CUTE. dribbling a little bit over your burger too, was stuck on what to cook for lunch but now I know! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a lovely weekend hun :)

    ReplyDelete