Rimmel Apocalips - Celestial.

16.3.13

It has been hard to escape the clutches of the new Apocalips lip products from Rimmel recently. Bloggers have gone mad for them and I can see why. They're reasonably priced, especially if makeup is on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots which it often is, and the colours seem really pigmented and good value for money.

I was inspired by a few reviews and swatch posts (mainly Fleur, Vivianna and Lucy) to buy a couple for myself. I wasn't too sure which colours to go for but in the end I opted for Celestial and Stellar. I wanted one bright shade and one subtle shade and felt like Celestial and Stellar fitted the bill.


With it being such a long time since I have worn bright lipsticks I find Stellar pretty terrifying, although I did wear it recently on a night out using a dab of lip balm to mute it slightly.

Celestial is much more my cup of tea and seems like a shade that would be suitable for any kind of occasion. Plus it seems to suit my skin tone and I feel confident that I can pull it off.


Although the initial application gives really good coverage and a brilliant pop of colour, I actually prefer it when the colour has "settled" a little bit as I don't feel like it's as smudge-able or like I have it all over my teeth.

I am not sure whether I will venture further into the range and purchase any more, as I do prefer a regular lipstick formula over these "lip lacquers", but I am pleased with the colour Celestial and can see myself getting plenty of use out if it. Stellar, on the other hand, may take a bit more time to use up!

Have you tried any of the Apocalips colours? 

18 comments:

  1. Looks a lovely colour :) I see you've been playing with your new camera.. I've had mine since christmas and I still can't get pictures I'm happy with :(

    xx

    http://ellomaria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this colour, I really like it. I also have the red. I do like them, but wear more matte lipsticks because they don't transfer. I need to show these more love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually bought Celestial last week, think it's a nice shade for everyday. Big Bang is also a real change for me, as previously I didn't like the idea of bold lipstick, but I've really come around to the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah I love this shade on you! Really subtle but lovely :)

    I'm having an INTERNATIONAL mac lipstick giveaway, you only need to like a photo! http://daisy--meadow.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/mac-lipstick-giveaway-4-days-only.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. These appeal to me. I love the Celestial one on you, it really suits you! I only started getting into lipsticks last year - before I was just a lipgloss wearer - so may have a closer look at these as they seem to be between the two. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely on you, beaut :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Celestial looks so pretty, I haven't been tempted by it before but really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This colour looks lovely, I haven't been tempted by this colour before but really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Celestial looks so pretty, I haven't been tempted by it before but really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Celestial looks so pretty, I haven't been tempted by it before but really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Celestial looks so pretty, I haven't been tempted by it before but really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks lovely on you. I will be popping this shade in my Boots basket the next time I'm in there now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw these on Friday, & don't usually wear anything other than balm on my lips... i like you post, and will be buying one next time im in Boots.

    http://tammy-loves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous! Great review :-)
    I also prefer usual lipsticks to lip lacquer or glosses, but this does look lovely! Maybe I should give it a try...

    Love Rosie x

    www.everythinsrosieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look great on you. I want to try them but I'm worried they're sticky. I prefer buttery ones but these colours look great.
    Your photos look great too btw, is this your new camera? :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  16. this colour looks so lovely on you!

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just spotted this! Thank you for the mention :) glad you were swayed as Celestial suits you so much!!

    - <a href="www.elyouelyou.com>Lulu</a> xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This colour is gorgeous and looks amazing on you! I have yet to try these there seems so much choice jotted this one down now! xo

    ReplyDelete