Illamasqua: Scarce polish.

4.4.13

I'm not normally a nail polish kind of girl, especially since my trusty Sally Hansen Teflon Tuff top coat dried up, as I find it tricky to make application look neat and I'm too impatient to wait for it to dry, but I bought a couple of bottles recently as I couldn't resist the pretty shades. One bottle I got from ASOS was an Illamasqua speckled polish, in the colour Scarce, after seeing it round the blogosphere and really liking it, and a pretty pale pink shade by Essie called Mademoiselle.

I decided to have speckled "Mini Egg" nails over the Bank Holiday weekend and hoped one coat would cut the mustard as, when it comes to nail painting, I'm a slap-dash kind of girl.

I think two coats would have looked much better and given a better "pop" of colour but I think one coat gives a nice subtle look. Using a base coat and top coat meant that removal was really quick and didn't leave any flecks of polish behind, which I have found with similar products especially glittery polishes.

At  £14.50 each these polishes aren't cheap but I'm happy to have one in my collection.


 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

22 comments:

  1. I think you're right - the one coat gives a real subtle candyfloss shade which isn't too in your face. I don't have any of the speckled polishes in my collection but they are really very pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been lusting after those speckled polishes as well! I think one coat looks quite pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so lovely on your nails Victoria, I went for the Freckle polish and could kick myself for not getting this shade too. Although they are pricey the staying power is fantastic!

    Hannah x cagneyandlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so lovely! so wish i had lovely nails so i could paint them all pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not seen the speckly polish before. It's really lovely. Not sure I can justify spending that much on nail polish though. But then again, maybe I can :P

    Jen | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen so many lovely reviews on this.
    I love the colours you've used together.

    http://daydreamsdaisychains.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shades are lovely, I want to try the illamasqua speckled :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously love this, I wish I could bring myself to spend the money x

    ReplyDelete
  9. sooo nice!

    franleanne.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need one of these varnishes! So cute. I so wanted to paint my nails like this for easter but I still haven't got around to getting one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks lovely, such a pretty combination

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I love the pink one (I own the lilac) and pretty tempted, but they are pricey! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I really really want to get it :)

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe mini egg nails! best I don't purchase it with my current obsession with the tasty eggs I'd prob try munch my own fingers lol.
    Essie Mademoiselle is in my collection though :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Illamasque nail polish, it's so pretty!
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought the beige one and the mint one a few weeks back but I don't use it that much as I couldn't get the flippin' stuff off! It does look so pretty though.

    www.cocktailsandcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love this nail polish! I've just started my own beauty blog, and this is so interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this Illamasqua colour.

    Illamasque did the make up for the University Leeds RAG Fashion show which I styled .. and they did a beautiful job!

    Please check out my blog
    http://lily-worcester.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the Illamasqua colour. Illamasqua did the make up for the University Leeds RAG Fashion Show which I styled and they did a beautiful job!!

    I just made an animation from the show.. check it out..

    http://lily-worcester.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the Illamasqua colour. Illamasqua did the make up for the University Leeds RAG Fashion Show which I styled and they did a beautiful job!!

    I just made an animation from the show.. check it out..

    http://lily-worcester.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Illamasqua colour. Illamasqua did the make up for the University Leeds RAG Fashion Show which I styled and they did a beautiful job!!

    I just made an animation from the show.. check it out..

    http://lily-worcester.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete