New hair.

20.4.13


I seem to have been MIA from this place for a little while. Sorry about that! A new job equals being busy and very tired so I haven't had much energy for blogging but once I'm settled in my new routine I'll be back with a vengeance.

I went to the hairdressers the Thursday before last and had loads of hair cut off. I can't tell you how good it feels to have had multiple inches cut off the ends of my hair. Usually I suffer a slight phobia of the hairdressing chair and just have a smidgen of hair trimmed off the ends, so I thought that my recent visit would be traumatic. However it wasn't in the slightest. I was so ready to lose those lank split ends!

Not only does it feel and look healthier but it's so much easier to style, much quicker to style and waves/curls keep their hold, something that didn't happen with my long hair as it was too heavy to hold any style.

I had a few long layers cut in too but nothing too drastic. Just enough to get a bit more movement.

Colour wise I had a full head of highlights which I'm hoping to build up to a blonder colour over time. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but it has definitely grown on me. It's quite hard to capture the true colour of it in a photograph but in real life it looks "bronde" which I suppose is a nice compromise between my natural colour and being blonde. I'm not sure if I will end up as blonde as I used to be but next time I may lighten it up a little bit more.

I hope you like it! I am really happy with it and feel much prettier and "put together" than I did before. I suppose after 6 years of being blonde and spending a fortune on colouring and cutting I was enjoying having my natural colour back and just getting a wet trim once in a blue moon, but this turned into 3 years of just being plain lazy and having a mop of hair that I didn't particularly like!

Also I have been getting great results with the salon shampoo, conditioner and blow dry cream I bought so I'll have to share those when I get the chance.

Have a nice Saturday folks!

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

27 comments:

  1. I think it looks really pretty,
    Its suits you and I bet it feels alot healthier to!

    Kelly || My Blog: Day Dreams & Daisy Chains || ♥


    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks gorgeous Victoria! Really like the subtle blonde xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely! Really suits you :) I love that statement necklace you're wearing too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely, I'm missing my lighter bits. Going to the hairdressers before mexico, might get them put back in. You look lush xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair is stunning! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely photo.
    Also your pugs are adorable.

    www.fashion-underdog.blogspot.co.uk
    Emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks lovely, the colour is really nice and I bet it looks nicer in person! I have a bit of a hairdresser's phobia as well, although closer to Summer I want to have my dip-dye cut off, so it will be so much shorter than I'm used to! :( I'm thinking of getting a few highlights too!

    Frances xx

    http://francescassandra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Victoria, your hair is gorgeous! It suits you soooo much. I love it and you've inspired me to do something about my mop! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's a lovely color! keep it for a while.It's the color I want but mine gets more rusty....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this looks lovely on you! Although I would never have called your hair a mop before...I really liked it :)

    - Tabitha at scaredtoast.com x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hotty alert, how good do you look miss? I adore your new do, the curls looks great and I love the subtle change in colour.

    What a winner!

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new hair looks lovely! And I'm loving the 'bronde' look too, I'm sure i will be easier to maintain for you too now it's back your more natural colour. I also had a serious chop at the hairdressers recently, but went for a whopping seven inches off!

    louisejoyb x

    ReplyDelete
  13. well you always looked great, but i can definitely see how full of life your new hairstyle is. looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely and looks so healthy too!

    xxx

    www.maisy-meow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking beautiful! Very Olivia Palermo, who i love. Loving the sunkissed highlights too ready for summer!x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking beautiful! Very Olivia Palermo, who i love. Loving the sunkissed highlights too ready for summer!x

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty Victoria :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. your hair looks pretty <3 I love the blowdry!
    Carissa xx
    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally loving this new look on you m'dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks lovely this length :)

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! I Really enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I Love it!
    I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wondered when we would get to see! Very very pretty :)

    Cx
    www.cocktailsandcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love your new hair a lot, nice layers and very natural colours. I agree that trimming few inches off from very long hair feels really good indeed - it's instantly refreshing xo

    P.S. it'll be awesome if you'd take a minute to check out my outfit post at Fashion Week Sydney :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Victoria your hair looks amazing!! It looks such a lovely natural colour too. You're so much braver than me, I desperately need a good few inches off the ends of my hair but, I too am a little "hair dresser phobic!" Maybe I'll take the plunge after your great result though?! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your hair looks lovely!
    I always go to the hairdressers with strict instructions to take as little off as possible. I think when my wedding has been and gone i may just have my hair chopped a bit! Who knows! I have always lusted after mermaid hair!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm new to your blog, so not sure what your hair was like before, but it is gorgeous in this picture! Very jealous :)
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete