An old favourite and some new shoes.

16.5.13

During a recent wardrobe clear out I discovered a whole host of things I had long forgotten, lurking in the deep dark corners of our wardrobe with all of my old clothes that are oh-so-pretty but 3 dress sizes too big for me.

When I was a bit younger I went shopping like there was no tomorrow so it was fun to uncover the old clothes and accessories (and my once much-loved Missoni scarf collection!)

I found my Alexander McQueen scarf which I spent a pretty penny on about 6 years ago. It's looking a bit more dishevelled these days but I'm glad to have found it and given it an outing last weekend.


The slight break in the rain at the weekend gave me chance to wear my Steve Madden Kimmmie pumps (c/o Sarenza) for the first time. They're a jazzy number with a studded toe cap and even though they're quite a mish-mash of colours I thought they would be a nice addition to my shoe collection. You know me, I love wearing flats!

These photos were taken before Jonathan, Lily, Lola and I drove to Leeds to visit my mum and dad to indulge in a 3 course meal (well, 4 courses if you count the cheese and biscuits afterwards). It was nice to see them, tell them about my new job, talk about the holidays we're going on this year and the holiday we're hopefully all going on next year to Florida.

Unfortunately the rain has come back with an absolute vengeance (anyone else get caught in it today and resemble a drowned rat?) so I think this weekend I'll more than likely be putting my pumps back in the cupboard and digging out my wellies!

Steve Madden pumps (c/o Sarenza)

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

24 comments:

  1. I love the last picture - looks like Lily and Lola are big fans of your shoes haha :)
    Such a lovely outfit, the shoes are gorgeous! I always love finding old clothes, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pumps. Major shoe envy!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is fabulous! Those pumps are gorgeous - hating how the weather is making it impossible to wear pretty flats though! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scarf! Such a lovely colour x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so pretty and your hair looks fab :)

    Isn't it great when you find something awesome in the back of the cupboard that you forgot you bought? Love that!

    Cx
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are so cute! perfect for summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I May need those pumps in my life x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That outfit is lovely, where is the top from? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those shoes!

    We recently moved and I found a whole bag full of clothes Id forgotten about. Unfortuntely Ive actually gained wait rather than lost it so they dont fit me! :-(

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah I wish this rain would just go away! Saying that though, the sun is shining today so there is hope for the weekend. P.S - your outfit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look,you look amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those shoes are really pretty!

    I've spent a lot of time getting rid of old clothes and it's really nice to go through and find things that I'd forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love finding old clothes you forgot about- especially if it's an Alexander McQueen scarf- you look lovely
    xx

    http://kateswirled.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw if I had this scarf I'd never stop wearing it, just so cool and the shoes are amazing! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw if I had this scarf I'd never stop wearing it, just so cool and the shoes are amazing! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just discovered and LOVE your blog! Have two pugs too, love to look at your pug pictures, so recognizable! Started my blog a couple of months ago, it's a lifestyle blog from a 22nd year old girl from Amsterdam (me!) If you fancy stopping by, please do at:
    http://adutchaffair.blogspot.nl/
    Would love to get some feedback :) Love, Sipie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed Roofing your blog posts. Wedding sarees

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, these shoes are so lovely! and the scarf... ah!

    lindsey louise


    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your outfit, the shoes are adorable and you look so pretty! You look so much like Lucy from 'Made in Chelsea' in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My kind of shoe, I love flats too. I like the studded detail. Looks great with your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  21. YOUR HAIR IS JUST TOO FIT. And the pugs included in outfit posts is an overload of cuteness, that is all x

    ReplyDelete
  22. love your outfit
    Hayley
    www.beautyrambles.com xx

    ReplyDelete