Pooch pack.

14.5.13

Before the team behind Pooch Pack got in touch with me it wasn't a concept I was familiar with, however I know monthly beauty boxes and food boxes are popular, so why not get the pets involved! They kindly offered to send a box for Lily and Lola to try out and they've been busy eating the treats (it's a hard life!) and testing out the other bits.

I didn't really know what to expect in terms of brands, or whether it would contain toys or food, or a mixture of everything, but I was pleasantly surprised by the items that were included.

From £16.95 with free delivery it's not a cheap way to spoil your pets but after being introduced to some new brands and seeing the quality of the items included in my Pooch Pack, it is definitely something I would sign up to every now and then (but not as an every month ongoing thing).

As you can see Lily was thrilled and raring to go!

So, what did Lily and Lola get?

- A "Bottle Buddy Cow" (by Kyjen). This is a safe way for dogs to crunch on water bottles. The cow teddy has a velcro opening which means you can replace the water bottles once they become flat. Chewing water bottles isn't something Lily and Lola have ever expressed an interest in before but they were intrigued by their new toy and went mad for it initially for about half an hour. Interest has waned slightly as time has gone on but they do have a little play with it every now and then, which is very impressive to say they're normally not one for playing with toys or balls, etc.


- Apple & Cinnamon treats (by Natural Way) which are natural and hypoallergenic dog biscuits. These have been very well received and actually smell pretty good as far as dog biscuits go! I like the fact they contain all natural ingredients so it's not the dog equivalent of giving a child Smarties. I would definitely look into purchasing from this brand again and investigating other products/flavours.

- Fish Cubes (by Natural Way). They're cubes of 100% whitefish skin which are  high in Omega3, low in fat, gluten free and hypoallergenic. Lily and Lola weren't too sure at first. They sniffed their first cubes for quite a while before taking the plunge, probably as they don't normally have "fishy" treats but now they go mad for them. Big thumbs up for these!


- Anco Roots (by Anco). We got the small size Anco Root which is made of 100% untreated natural tree root. It won't splinter and acts as a natural toothbrush for dogs. Unfortunately Lily and Lola have both ignored this but I will keep trying to get them interested. They're very food orientated so don't bother with anything that isn't edible. So for now, this is the most disappointing product in the box. However, if your dog loves to chew and has build-up on their teeth this would be an ideal solution.

- a tub of Wickedly Raw Superfoods powder (by Din Dins) which is a vet approved supplement for a good digestion, bad breath and food intolerances. According to the Din Dins website, it's like giving your dog the equivalent of their 5 a day. This retails at £13.00 on the website and they do products for cats too! I haven't started using this yet but it's something I am really keen to try for Lola who has been having issues with her coat and skin recently. Also, their breath absolutely hums! I'll keep you posted on the effects of this one.


As I said earlier, I was really impressed with the quality of the products and the quality of the brands. I will definitely treat Lily and Lola to a Pooch Pack in the future (maybe for Christmas if they're good) and I would consider one as a gift for a fellow pet owner too.

Pooch Pack can be found on Twitter here and you can read their blog here.

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

11 comments:

  1. This is amazing, my two doberweilers would love this!

    Harri
    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to look into this as a treat for Max..he would love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These do look awesome but I think I'm far too stingey to spoil our pup with them, she'd be just as amused with £5 worth of things from the pound shop! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely idea! I have a little Border Terrier who loves anything that she can chew, edible or not, so this is a lovely little idea for Christmas and things!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be a really nice idea for Christmas- definitely not an every month thing but perfect for an occasion! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pug would adore the Bottle Buddy Cow! He is absolutely obsessed with chewing on water bottles. This is such a cute idea but expensive for a monthy thing, I'm tempted to get Hugo one for his birthday though!

    And Katie / Beauty & Lifestyle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    I've just come across your blog (as in had a proper read) - and it's GREAT! I really like it, love the pups, and think you've got such a great style. I also love that you are championing ethically produced brands. Will definitely keep up with reading it now :) Thank you. Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a nice idea for a once in a while thing! That bottle cover is such a good idea.

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! You've got a great blog here and I'm your follower. I'd love it so much if you could follow me back via GFC and Bloglovin :) it'd be great to keep in touch!
    <3

    http://tanyasoyer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have two dogs also. The terrier would chew that toy to nothing in 30 seconds. He loves squeaky toys to the point that he will quiver with excitement when he sees one. I want to treat him but when they are literally chewed up in less than a minute, it's an expensive treat. My other dog is older and would like the foodie treats.

    ReplyDelete