Sweet charity.

2.5.13

Last Saturday was a busy one for little old me. Jonathan and I drove over to Totley to meet up with his sister and husband for some lunch, before heading back to their house for a brew and a catch up. We ate at The Cricket Inn where I was torn between being a pig and being healthy-ish so I tried to find a balance and ordered the caesar salad (veggie friendly dressing with no anchovies) and a side of macaroni cheese.

Mac and cheese is probably my favourite thing to eat, but not something I have very often as Jonathan doesn't like it, but boy am I glad I only got it as a side and not a main. There were a million mustard seeds tucked away inside the creamy, cheesy goodness and they packed a punch! My salad was tasty though, and everyone else enjoyed their food and sampling the local ales.

In the evening I went to a friend's house as she had organised a fundraising evening for Macmillan. We all donated some money in return for doing some cupcake decorating and cocktail making, which Amy had generously bought all the supplies for, not to mention playing board games and having a chin wag. 


I was driving so no cocktails for me, but I had so much fun decorating the homemade cupcakes. I decorated 4 in total, making one with a bit of everything on for Jonathan as he is partial to the odd marshmallow and sweetie! I don't think I did too bad to say I'm usually pretty shocking at anything that involves being artistic and having a steady hand. You can see some of my creations above (1st photo and 4th photo on the plate behind the glass).

Aside from eating good food, seeing friends and family, and eating the cupcakes I brought home we managed to squeeze in some time to relax and watch episodes of our new favourite series (Firefly, why must you only be one series long!)

And would you look at that. It takes me so long to blog about my weekends that it's almost time for the next one. With the chance for three sleep-ins instead of two I'm rather excited.

(Memo to Lily and Lola: please let your mummy have a sleep-in!)


 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

16 comments:

  1. That looks like a fab night! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cupcake and cocktail evening sounds amazing! And all those cupcakes look amazing too! A great thing to do for charity :) The last pic has got me hungry, looks delish! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. those cupcakes are just gorgeous!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! Blimin' firefly, it is far too short! Have you watched Serenity? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that I'm not the only one whose weekends revolve around food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cupcake looks so good.

    I don't mean to be rude to your (undoubtedly lovely) boyfriend but WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND DOESN'T LIKE MACARONI CHEESE?!?!

    Although I guess that means all the more for you... Shame about all the mustard seeds though- what an unnecessary addition to cheesy carbs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post.
    I'll be doing alot for charity this year!

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Hook, Line and Sink Her - haha. My thoughts exactly! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea for charity!
    All the food looks delish :)

    -Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. That mac and cheese looks divine!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those cakes look amazing! It sounds like a really fun evening.

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute food for a great cause :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely little post Victoria! I've been dying to pop to the Cricket Inn for a while *adds another food spot to my growing list*. Love the pink flamingos at your friends Macmillan gathering.

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mac and cheese is one of my favourites as well...and that one looks truly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzers, lots of yummy food to ogle in this post! My Mum does lots of little cake-filled get togethers for Macmillan but I haven't managed to make one yet, must make an effort next time! I am so excited for some lie-ins this weekend too, funny how the Bank Holidays always seem to roll around when you're very ready for a bit of a rest! xo

    Rosie | A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks like a fab night
    That m&m cupcake. NOM.
    Hayley
    www.beautyrambles.com xx

    ReplyDelete