Walking in Blyth.

27.5.13

I often dream about living in Blyth, a village in Worksop, and have done ever since we drove through it to get somewhere else and I spotted the delightful cottages and cosy pubs. We decided to make Blyth the location of our next walk so off we went on Saturday, parking up on the high street to start our trail.

I can often be found on Rightmove trawling through the house listings so we did have a cheeky peek at a house that's for sale, that we fell in love with a while ago, while we were passing. Yep, still love it!

Anyway, the walk we found online was roughly about 3.5 miles and was a "moderate" level but I'd say it was fairly easy. No steep hills, just the odd stile to climb over. It was nowhere near as strenuous as our walk at Rother Valley last weekend, but that might be something to do with stopping every few minutes to take photos...)


It was so quiet and peaceful with stunning scenery all around us. Apart from a couple of dog walkers and a lady out walking on her own we didn't see any other people.

Our walk took us towards Hodsock Priory (somewhere I really wanted to visit to see the snowdrops and bluebells but we missed the season!), past fields of horses, down a path lined with beautiful trees and through fields of bright rapeseed crops.

I do love to explore new places. It was a great use of a Saturday morning! Where to next?! :)


 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

26 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice place for a weekend walk :) And your hair looks lovely in that first pic.
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. I'm obsessed with walking at the moment, having only moved to sheffield 9 months ago, I've really enjoyed looking for places to explore. I posted about it on my blog too, would love it if you checked it out. Thanks xx
    www.thepeppermintpencil.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos as always! Looks like the perfect weather for a walk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to walk through that field of yellow flowers.

    Nadia xx

    www.thegirlwholookslikeacake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Victoria!
    You have great blog!

    I invite you to join my giveaway http://tanyasoyer.blogspot.com/2013/05/lotus-blossom-designs-giveaway-200-gfc.html
    Will be glad if you enter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like such a lovely place! I really miss exploring at weekends..Dubai not quite the same lol. Looks like you're having fun with the camera still :-) great photos x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,
    beautiful pictures. :)
    Kisses
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos and hurrah for some sunshine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos. I need to see if there's anywhere else pretty to walk around here. I'd like to try somewhere new! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos are stunning, so colourful! I wish wish wish my boyfriend would come walking with me, but its just not his thing xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool

    ReplyDelete
  11. it all looks so gorgeous. all that yellow.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness it looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm not usually one for walking too much (I'm a lazy driver!) but if it looks like that, I'd be happy to. And definitely such good use of a Saturday morning, it's inspiring me to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos! If we move up north in the future then will definitely be considering this area! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning photos :) Such a pretty post, it just made me smile <3

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks so beautiful
    love a good walk over the weekends, feels like its the thing to do on sunday afternoons...even better in the sunshine and a quick stop off at the pub!

    TazandBear

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning photos!
    http://saltskinned.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah this looks perfect! Gorgeous photos.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. in love with this post, and your whole entire blog in general.

    lots of love from the casper&pearl girls – a little Aussie fashion brand
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goodness how pretty! I love these spontaneous little decisions that wind up being so great. Lately I've been mixing up my running routes and it's paying off big - I'm seeing Chicago in so many new ways!

    Great photos!

    <3 eileen
    www.leanerbythelake.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous photos loves! It's a shame you don't live down South, you'd love the new forrest, It's a great place for scenic walks. Though Lily and Lola would probably try to chase to wild ponies!! x

    http://www.littlelost.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow! That looks amazing! I especially love the top image. So beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. There's a lovely pub at Blyth called The White Swan, it's a bit gastropubish. Definitely worth a visit if you head up there again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. There's a lovely pub at Blyth called The White Swan, it's a bit gastropubish. Definitely worth a visit if you head up there again!

    ReplyDelete