It's a nice day for a white wedding (or four!)

25.6.13

I went to two weddings last year and this year I have been invited to four! We must be getting to "that age" when everyone you know starts getting married (must be my turn soon... ;))

I searched high and low for a pair of wedding-appropriate shoes for absolutely ages, scouring the usual high street places (Dorothy Perkins is a fave of mine for shoes) as well as pretty much every single page on Sarenza.

I eventually stumbled upon a pair by one of my favourite brands, Georgia Rose, which I thought would be perfect for more formal occasions when skyscraper heels don't look quite right and I need something comfy for being on my feet all day and night.


The pair I got were the Gitango heels in beige (but they also come in blue which are rather nice) which are currently £55. With the strap offering a bit of extra support and the heel being on the sensible side I was hoping they would keep my feet ache-free and that the beige/gold would be easy to match with pretty much any kind of dress.

I wore them recently to wedding #1 of 2014 and I am pleased to report that they were really comfortable, easy to walk in and they even survived a few rounds of ceilidh dancing!


I had to buy the size smaller than normal (UK 5.5 instead of 6.5 which seemed mad at the time as I am usually a size 7(!) but it appears my feet are shrinking) but the exchange process with Sarenza is so straightforward that even I couldn't get it wrong! You just package everything up, print off your return label and take it to your local store that offers the Collect+ service which for me is a minute away from our house.

I'm really pleased with my pretty new heels and think that I'll get loads of wear out of them. I just wish I took more photos of them in action but we were too busy having a good time!


 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

18 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous and I love the shoes and dress. We are definitely at 'that age' where everyone we know seems to be getting marries - I've got 3 weddings to go to this year and then one next year and then I'm Maid of Honour at my best friend's wedding in 2015!! Hopefully it will be our turn soon ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely! A comfy pair of shoes is very important for weddings! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely shoes and very elegant

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! The shoes are lovely. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them! You're so right with needing a practical shoe for weddings,and with that heal it doesn't seem like it would matter if its an outside or indoor affair. Good find!

    www.chicadeedee.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shoes! And i love the outfit too :)
    I'm at that age too, just returned from 2 weddings at the weekend and have 2 more next year!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Non of my friends have started getting married yet and I really wish they would so I could wear lovely dresses and eat lovely food! You're dress is so pretty and your shoes look so comfortable for standing and dancing all day at a wedding :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutely gorgeous and I love love love the shoes! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress looks amazing and the shoes go really well. Looks like the weather stayed up for the wedding too :)

    Love from Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shoes are amazing, and the dress is very pretty. Looking very gorgeous <3

    xxx
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Victoria you look lovely! Love the blonder hair and the shoes look lovely too :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are lovely, perfect height for me! I've got shrinking feet in heels too- very strange xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look lovely and summery in this printed dress, and super cute shoes with the metallic gold details!

    Check out my new outfit post featuring Suck Is Free label! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gasp. The shape of that dress is perfection. I could own 20 in different colors and patterns and be perfectly happy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous shoes! Love the dress too! Where is that from? Melissa xx

    ReplyDelete