Loving lately #3.

8.6.13

Things have been a bit quiet over here recently haven't they? I have been busy enjoying non-blog related things I suppose, which is never a bad thing. I have been concentrating on a new job and a new routine, spending time in the back garden and out walking with Jonathan, or my friend, and sometimes the Pugs if their little legs can make it, and trying to make time for sleeping and stitching and all that other good stuff.

I have also stepped up my workout routine in a big way mainly because I'm going on holiday soon and want to feel a bit more confident but also because it makes me feel healthier and fitter and that's never a bad thing.

What I'm trying to say is, spare time has been hard to come by lately but I thought that one of my "loving lately" posts would be a good way to fill you in on what I've been doing and what I'm up to in the next few weeks.

1) Road trip! Today we're driving to Anglesey to stay in a cottage for three nights all in the name of a wedding we're attending on Monday. The groom is an old friend of Jonathan's who came to stay with us last year, along with his wife to be, and they're both completely lovely so we're really looking forward to our trip!

2) Oh, and when we get back from our road trip I'm flying straight off to Ibiza with my mum and sister for 5 days. Yippee! I dashed out into town on my lunchbreak yesterday to get a few last minute essentials! A hat and some money... what else does a girl need!?


3) She & Him Volume 3. When I heard She & Him were bringing out a new album I was rather excited as their music is completely up my street. Volume 3 hasn't disappointed! My favourite is Snow Queen - love it!

4) Take 5 bars. Oh em gee. My sister told me to get one next time I was passing an American sweet shop (I found one a minute away from where I work... dangerous!) and I wasn't disappointed! Salty, chocolatey, peanut buttery, pretzely goodness!


5) Planning/booking holidays. The countdown for May 2014 is on! We just booked (and by "we" I mean Jonathan and I, my parents, my sister and her husband) to go to Florida for 2 weeks. It will be my 6th holiday there since the age of 13 and I am so excited. Jonathan hasn't been before so it will be great to squeeze as much into 2 weeks as we can so that he gets to see it all plus there are a few new additions for me to see since my last visit in 2009. We are staying on International Drive which is where we always stay, but trying a different hotel this time, and have plans to go to all the parks, waterparks and Discovery Cove too!

6) My new job has involved taking public transport most days which I thought would be horrendous but actually isn't so bad. I tend to read a book or play on my phone (i.e. look on Instagram) but recently I was sent a pair of headphones which have revolutionised my bus journeys!

I was sent a pair of Marc Jacobs earbuds which are suitable for my iPhone. What's not to love about them?! They're functional and adorable! I love that I can block out the traffic and conversations around me and listen to music on my phone (I've mainly been listening to She & Him and old Busted albums. No shame!) I love the heart shaped buds and the gold Marc Jacobs logo. They're definitely a handbag staple for me now!

Marc Jacobs earbuds c/o Three Mobile

7) Signing up for charity walks. Over the next couple of months my friend and I will be taking part in a Race for Life 10k event and a 14 mile Jane Tomlinson Walk for All event which involves hiking in the Yorkshire Dales and climbing up 418 steps! Bring it on :) 

8) Finally framing my Ghostbusters cross stitch and hanging it on our picture wall. It was something I started ages ago and finished off only recently. It sits proudly next to my Goonies cross stitch and I think they look pretty awesome, if I do say so myself! The patterns can be found here if you're interested.


What have you been loving lately?

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

13 comments:

  1. Loving the last picture,and the hat is so lovely! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been up to so much! Anglesey is lovely - Jon's brother used to live there for 4 years and we loved our trips to the beach with the dogs! I'm so excited you've booked Florida - one of my fav places as you can imagine ;) Have a great time in Ibiza! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hat looks perfect! Where did you get it from? Hope you have a lovely weekend away and a super time in Ibiza! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hat! It looks adorable. Where did you find it? I want one!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a brilliant time in Ibiza! I can't wait for my holiday - 29 days to go (not that I'm counting..!). Jealous you're off to Florida next year too. I would love to go. Only place I've been to in the US is New York (twice) but there's still so many places I'd like to go to, including Florida. My boyfriend wants to go too, but mainly for the theme parks...not a fan of 'em, myself!
    Sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned - hope you enjoy it and that the weather stays good for the wedding! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the cutest earphones ever, I love them! I have the weirdest shaped ears though and most don't fit in mine, waaaah. I guess I'll just have to admire those from afar. I've not had a chance to listen to the new She & Him. I was disappointed with their last effort (and I've developed a severe dislike for Zooey Deschanel since then :|) and frankly way too many more important albums have come out for me recently but I will definitely give it a listen soon. Love the cross stitch, how awesome is that!? I wanna see the 'Goonies' one! I LOVE GOONIES! Hope you have a lovely holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your Ghostbusters cross-stitch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great hat! I've had my eye on some of the Marc Jacobs headphones but didn't know what sound quality was like...worth it would you say? Hope you enjoying your road trip x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best cross stich ever! Sounds like you've got a lot of amazing things to look forward to, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you've made me think that I actually need a holiday!!

    loving the hat!!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that hat! Been looking for the perfect hat for my holiday everywhere! Where did you get it from please?

    xxxx
    Tasha

    www.wandincluded.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Florida! We are going in May too! Just waiting for return flights to come out and then we can book- eep!

    Daisy x
    www.cupcakesandcherries.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hat is from M&S folks! x

    ReplyDelete