My current workout routine (featuring Fitness Blender and my PDF personal trainer!)

2.6.13

When I stumbled upon a Fitness Blender video on You Tube for the first time I was so pleased. I was stuck in a rut with my usual workouts (Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and a couple of others such as Davina's Ultimate Target) and looking to tone up and work out more as I was working out inconsistently and therefore I wasn't seeing the results I wanted.

I started to incorporate Fitness Blender's videos into my daily routine and quickly developed a new interest in working out due to the variety and the results I was achieving. After watching some of the following videos I realised the error of my ways with my old workouts. I was doing too much HIIT training which was then leaving me drained and too tired to keep up with it which then meant I stopped working out altogether. I was also avoiding weights as I didn't want to feel bulky so my strength training was lacking massively!

* How to use Fitness Blender videos to build your own program.

After changing my weekly routine to incorporate the right amount of HIIT, low impact cardio, strength training and rest days I feel as though I have achieved such significant results and I'm a lot more confident with my body. My arms feel firmer and look more toned, the pockets of fat on my upper stomach which I couldn't seem to shift have flattened dramatically and I feel that my general fitness has really improved.

Since finding and using Fitness Blender videos a few months ago I have consistently worked out 4 - 6 times a week because I actually want to do it (most of the time anyway!) and they have become part of my daily routine.

So what's the catch? Nothing! Everything is free, even the videos that are 30 minutes or an hour long! You have to put up with the odd advertisement before a video, or on the longer videos sometimes the ads come in halfway through, which to me is a very small price to pay for such an amazing resource!


What do I like about the videos?
* they're professionally made
* there's no annoying background music
* the instructions are clear and concise and have really helped me to get into the correct positions for each move
* there are hundreds of videos to choose from, from cardio (low impact to advanced), HIIT, strength training for the whole body or broken down into upper body and lower body, ab workouts (including standing abs) and plenty of warm up and cool down videos to keep your workouts varied.
* I find it much easier to piece the different workouts together than I do with other workout channels
* and Kelli (who runs Fitness Blender along with her husband Daniel) has the most amazing body and is really motivating. I try my best to keep up with Kelli's tempo and it helps me to push harder. 

The main thing I like about the videos is they either include a warm up and a cool down or they clearly state at the beginning whether a warm up is required, something I haven't seen on other You Tube workout videos. I also haven't seen many full workout videos and find that others have very short 6-10 minute videos which are hard to piece together into a full routine.

The Fitness Blender website is a brilliant tool to plan your workouts as you can search by difficulty level, length of video, calories burned, equipment needed and so on. There is bound to be something for everyone on there. They even have a workout for kids!



A couple of months ago I purchased one of their 8 Week Fat Loss Programs for the bargain price of £4.50 and I am almost at the end. It is like a PDF personal trainer. It tells me which exercise(s) to do each day as well as being packed full of information about exercise and nutrition which I have found really beneficial. I haven't followed it religiously as there have been days where I have been unable to workout or I have done other types of exercise, but I have stuck to it as best as I can.

I will definitely buy another program once I have finished with this one. Since starting this one I have lost about 5lbs (pretty good to say I was at my goal weight!) and have toned up all over, along with developing a new interest in exercise and nutrition.

The PDF document contains links to the correct videos so all you have to do is click on the title to be taken to the right page. Tomorrow I am doing Fit is Better than Skinny Upper Body Strength & Cardio, followed by a Cardio, Abs and Oblique workout, ending with a Quick Cool Down Stretch. I find it so much easier to stay motivated and on track when I have a clear outline of which workouts to do and how to piece them together. I can't rave about this program enough!

This video is not sponsored in any way, shape or form. I just bloody love Fitness Blender! ;)

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

10 comments:

  1. Just bought this, 8weeks till my holiday so it's perfect timing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks so much for sharing! This will be so useful for when im trying to lose baby weight! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I currently gym 3/4 times a week and exercise as much as I can otherwise, but would like to incorporate other sorts into my routine. The 8 week programme sounds great. I go on holiday in 5 weeks so need to knuckle down, might try Fitness Blender out! I love the name too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great, I'm always looking for ways to change up my fitness routine so that I don't get bored - I'll definitely be doing these videos when the weather isn't good enough to run outside. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ace recommendations! Thanks for sharing. I'm looking to mix up my running routine with a little more varied cardio and strength training!


    <3 eileen
    www.leanerbythelake.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sometimes workout with their videos..they are just like you wrote: professional, clear instructions..and very effective.

    We can follow each other: http://lepetitmondedeemma.blogspot.fr

    emma

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely worth looking into for me. I've put on weight recently after splitting up with my ex boyfriend. It was a very horrible time of being controlled in terms of what I was allowed to eat!
    Anyway, I'm thinking of joining the gym as well as start to cycle and do some exercise at home!

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found Fitness Blender in August 2012. I love their videos. I was doing a search on their 8 week programs. Your blog came up. So, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great workout routine! Exercise is truly one of the best ways to get fitness. I also do some effective exercises daily to get fitness.back pain and neck pain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can any one tell me what is covered in this book.

    ReplyDelete