My work/office snacks (including my 21 day Snack Happy Challenge!)

21.6.13

My snack options have definitely changed quite a bit over the last few months and I have stepped away from bad habits such as having a cup of tea with biscuits every night after my dinner, eating out of boredom and keeping junk food in the cupboards.

I thought I'd share the most common items that I stash in my drawer at work and what I nibble on mid morning and in the afternoon. Most of my snacking is done at work as I'm sat in one place all day and it can be hard to switch my mind off from food sometimes. On a weekend when I'm out and about or busy doing things at home my eating habits are a little different plus my main meals tend to be bigger than they are through the week.


* Nakd bars. I'm probably a tad obsessed with these but there are worse things to love! My favourite is definitely the Cashew Cookie variety which has 2 ingredients: cashews and dates. You can't go far wrong with these if you're after a sweet treat that isn't bad for you. I have worked my way through pretty much all of the flavours and Cashew Cookie remains a firm favourite. I have also tried the new crunch flavours and they're quite nice, particularly the banana one.

* Talking of Nakd bars, you can have a go at making your own similar treats if you've got a blender. I recently made a batch of thegluegungirl's guilt free chocolate balls and they are delicious. It's like eating chocolate brownies. No, really!

Photo borrowed from thegluegungirl

* Bit boring and obvious but fruit! I always have fruit on my desk, my favourites being clementines, grapes, bananas or pink lady apples.

* Raw chocolate or dark chocolate. A couple of squares of this satisfies any chocolate cravings for me. I am a HUGE fan of this raw chocolate and place a cheeky order from time to time. My favourite flavours are the mint and the orange/brazil nut. It's best kept in the fridge and has the yummiest consistency.

* Almonds. I have been a fan of almonds for a while now, but more so since California Almonds sent me a 21 day supply along with my very own almond tin to test out eating one portion every day.

First of all I was surprised by how big one portion is (normally I would eat around half of their suggestion) so this is obviously a good thing! Second of all, the California Almonds I received were so much tastier than the other almonds I've tried. I find one portion really filling and their health benefits mean they're a perfect snack.

I really enjoyed eating them every day for 21 days and definitely felt better at the end of the challenge. I try to top my tin up and take it to work with me most days now that the challenge has finished.


* Goodies from my Graze boxes. I've been getting Graze boxes on and off for a few years now and on the whole I think they're great. It's not something I treat myself to every week or every 2 weeks because I think there are cheaper ways to snack, but it's definitely something I like to order every now and then. The boxes inspire me to think up ways to build my own snack boxes.

* My own snack boxes! I often pop to Holland & Barrett to stock up on bags of dried fruit and nuts to mix my own snack combos.

* And finally, if all else fails I might have a yoghurt such as Activia or sometimes just plain yoghurt or greek yoghurt. I might throw some blackberries in the mix if I'm feeling adventurous.

I hope this has given you some ideas and shown that you don't have to keep a drawer full of crisps and Kit Kats to satisfy those hunger pangs! :)

P.S. California Almonds asked me to take part in the Snack Happy Challenge. They provided me with all I needed to complete the challenge. For more information about healthy snacking and almonds please visit www.almondboard.co.uk :)

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

10 comments:

  1. Some great snack ideas. I'm surprised by how big a portion of almonds is! I think having a little fruit bowl at work would stop me snacking on rubbish there, and remembering to drink enough water. Obvious I guess, but I still need to remind myself! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chocolate balls look amazing! Might have to try them!
    Some great snack ideas. I love greek yoghurt, and pink lady apples are definitely the best kind! Love graze too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need those chocolate balls in my life now! I love snacking on almonds! Now I'm hungry!
    xxx

    www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Really good inspiration for some heathy swaps! X

    www.handbagsandhunters.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a cracking post! Its gets to around 3pm and i feel the sweet tooth pangs! Pink Lady Apples are where its at x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am addicted to Nakd bars...cannot get enough of them, so I totally understand!:)
    Cashew cookie, pecan pie and choco orange. So yummy, I've tried them all. I've even tried making my own.

    Happy munching.Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I make those chocolate balls too, they are delicious! I've also made Tone It Up's protein bars, they are a nice filling snack for after a workout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does your blog haqve a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating iit but,
    I'd like to shoot you an e-mail. I've got some recommendations for your blog you might
    be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and
    I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

    Here is my web-site ... moknt blanc pen repair centers - theapologeticsgroup.com,

    ReplyDelete