Philips Esee HD Camcorder.

7.6.13

I have been thinking about getting a camcorder for a little while now, brought on by watching old family videos of our holidays (Florida 1998 is a belter!) I didn't really know where to start looking for the right make or model but Money Supermarket must have read my mind because they contacted me a few weeks ago to ask if I'd like to take part in their 'Inspect a Gadget' campaign.

Given the choice of a few gadgets I opted for the Philips Esee HD CAM295BL Camcorder as it looked like the perfect gadget for me. Being so small and pocket sized I knew it would be a great gadget to take on holiday but would also easily fit into my handbag (or boyfriend's pocket!) for taking out and about. With the promise of full HD videos and photos I was sold! I was also impressed by the idea of being able to take dual videos - one in HD plus a smaller email-friendly video.

Philips Esee HD CAM295BL Camcorder c/o Money Supermarket

First things first, this camcorder is currently £49.99 (it has gone down in price since I got mine) which is an absolute bargain right? I would never have thought to give a £50 camcorder a try and would have probably gone for an all-singing-all-dancing model with more knobs and dials than I knew what to do with.

This model has basically no inbuilt memory so as excited as I was when it arrived I couldn't use it straight away as I had to order a memory card and wait for that to arrive.

Last weekend I played around with my new toy, filming a few clips whilst out and about with Lily and Lola. It is absolutely foolproof to use, it couldn't be simpler. You simply flip open the viewer and it's instantly on and ready to film. Although I do find that you have to give the record button a good push as a few times I thought I was filming when I wasn't (#awkward).

I really like the fact that the display flips around so you can film yourself if you wish, whilst still holding onto the body of the camcorder. I am also pleased with the quality, which is more than enough for what I'll use it for, as well as the inbuilt USB stick which means it can be plugged straight into my computer to easily transfer files to my desktop. However, I do have to hold the stick in place when it is plugged into the computer which can be a little bit tricky but it's not the end of the world.

If you want something cheap and user friendly, or you're just getting started with vlogging (it screws into tripods!) then I would recommend this camcorder for you. Also I hear that it can be charged using an iPhone charger which I still need to investigate as that would be very handy indeed!

To witness my truly remarkable film making skills with my new camcorder press play! (I won't tell you how long it took me to compile a 30 second video but let's just say technology and I are not on the same page...)


 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how good the price is for this! Bargain. I always remember video cameras being at least £300!

    Will have to think about buying one for that price

    Daisy x
    www.cupcakesandcherries.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking back on old family videos too, especially christmas and holidays. For some reason we're all into posed pictures now a days, but those films were so natural and lovely. I really like the look and sound of this, I never dreamed you could get a camcorder so cheaply! This may have to be bought on payday! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. For £50 that's really really good quality! :) x

    www.hello-freckles.com

    ReplyDelete