Road trip: Anglesey part 1.

11.6.13

When our invitation arrived for a wedding in Anglesey we decided to take advantage of the offer of a cottage for 3 nights to turn our trip into a mini holiday, so that's exactly what we did at the weekend. On Saturday we loaded up my Smart car and headed off on a little road trip.

As we approached Beaumaris in the car we were blown away by the beauty of everything around us. We felt like we had been transported to a different country. The sun was shining and everything looked so vivid and beautiful. At this point I was glad I had packed my camera!

We arrived at the cottages which had been entirely hired out for wedding guests, said hello to the soon-to-be bride and groom and got settled in our room before heading back out to the courtyard to meet the other guests and get ready for a BBQ and quiz! 

More and more guests arrived as the evening went on, with everybody fully enjoying the sunshine, BBQ food and beer. The quiz got started once everyone was suitably stuffed and it was a great way to get to know some of the other guests. The quiz was very "interactive" with paper aeroplane competitions, a 'guess the crisp flavour' round, and blindfolded drawing. We had a great evening, eventually calling it a night at about 11.30pm as the 3 1/2 hour drive was starting to take its toll.


We woke on Sunday to the sun shining yet again which was most welcome as this was a free day for us and we wanted to cram as much as we could into one day.

First of all we drove to the Puffin Island area to see the lighthouse and do some walking. There weren't many other people there when we arrived so it was rather nice to enjoy the peace and quiet, listen to the birds and take in the sights. We walked for about 5 miles in total, stopping every now and then to capture the scenery with our cameras.

After a pit stop at the cafe and a bit of lunch which was waiting for us in the car we drove to the South Stack cliffs for more walking, bird watching and over 1100 steps to walk up and down! The cliffs were stunning and the steps down to the lighthouse, up the lighthouse itself and then back up to the top again were a killer but good fun. At the top of the walk near the visitors centre they had sheep shearing demonstrations where I was rather taken by the tiny little lambs and wanted to smuggle the smallest one home with us.

After all the steps we walked up we were a tad warm and frazzled so we went back to our cottage for a nap and a shower before getting an early tea. Dinner was great; Jonathan got a seafood mixed grill and I got vegetarian sausages with a bean stew. The sausages were made from cheese, leeks and other vegetables and were approximately the size of my head! The best part was, I got two!

We went to bed feeling full, tired and a little achey but thoroughly enjoyed our day of sightseeing. The fact that the sun shone all day was a pretty nice bonus too.

I couldn't possibly fit all of the photos I want to share into one blog post so I'll save photos of our final full day (the wedding!) for another time.


 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

23 comments:

  1. omg i was at a wedding at these same cottages back in May. it was perfect :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your pics are lovely :) what camera do you use? Looks like it would have been a lovely wedding in that weather!

    xxx

    www.maisy-meow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are gorgeous! Sounds like you had such a wonderful time! xxx


    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so lovely I almost want to cry. I miss North Wales a crazy amount, we used to have a house not far from Beaumaris and I've not been back there for a while. I haven't been to Puffin Island, but I'd love to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow! these photos look stunning! sounds like a fab trip! can't wait for part 2 :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw wow, looks so lovely!

    looking forward to the next post.


    www.hello-freckles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been to Anglesey!! Being from Wales I feel I really should have!! What beautiful photographs, you look like you had a wonderful time. A tad bit jealous.

    Jen | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous photos. I always had lovely times visiting the inlaws in Anglesey. Such an underrated place! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos :) xx

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anglesey is so beautiful especially on a day like you had from the photos! It's so underrated and has some of the most beautiful places! I'm so envious though I go to Bangor university so can freely go but miss it now I'm at home! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous pictures- and what a fantastically fun sounding weekend! Especially those head-sized cheesy sausages :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a charming little post! I love your top/dress also! Adorable! :)

    This Lovely Little Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you & your photos more and more, each time I go onto your blog.
    Babes xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks amazing, and you had the perfect weather as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful photographs! I have not been to Anglesey since I was little, I had forgotten how lovely that area is! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm at Bangor University and Anglesey is great for nearby beaches. I did a post a couple of days ago about RAF Valley if you fancy a look :)

    Hannah xx

    hannahsundae.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful pictures, you look absolutely gorgeous :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds as though you had a fab time. I love going on mini breaks away in the Uk. Especially when the weather is so nice!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a lovely little trip! Love your photos, I went to Anglesey when I was about 12 on a school trip but can't really remember it.. WOuld love to visit again and explore x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beaufitul place! I'm Welsh, but have never really explored North Wales before - I must arrange a road trip up there! Sounds like you had Glamorgan sausages :) yum!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you had good weather for your trip away :) Looks like a beautiful place x

    ReplyDelete
  21. The camera I used for these is a Canon 1100D :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhh I live near here! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. These photos are gorgeous! Who knew Anglesey was so picturesque? :) You look so lovely in that photo, I love the print of your top!

    www.ciderwithrosie.com

    ReplyDelete