Blondie.

14.7.13

After two trips to the hairdressers where I wasn't quite sure whether I wanted to be blonde (again), or brunette or "bronde" and giving rather mixed signals to my hairdresser, my hair was starting to lighten up but wasn't quite the colour I was after. I went back for the third time recently with a photo of the colour I used to be a few years ago. I always used to use Nicole Richie as my colour inspo as I loved the fact she had a few different shades going on; honey blonde, bleach blonde and a brown colour too.


It must have been third time lucky as I absolutely love the way it has turned out, perfectly lightened for the Summer. The bleach has dried my hair out a little so I've been investing in some products for moisturising and strengthening, as well as trying to keep the colour looking fresh (not an easy task!) I'm also trying to make time for a mask treatment to give a bit of extra moisture once in a while, which I'm sure my hair is crying out for.

It doesn't feel too bad condition wise, probably because I had those 5 inches chopped off a few months ago! I've got the odd pesky split ends so the biggest change for me now is going to be going to the hairdressers for a trim regularly instead of a once a year "wet trim" job like I used to! No wonder my hair was so long before :) #lazy


Even though I had a huge cut a few months back it still feels long and I have been having fun experimenting with waves and curls. I have also been toying with the idea of going even shorter. I do love it long though. Oh these things are sent to try us! ;)

This is an outfit I wore on Wednesday evening when Jonathan and I went out for a meal to celebrate his sister's birthday. I managed to get out in the garden quickly because our lift arrived. Thank heavens for these light nights! I shall be ever so sad when it's dark at 4pm!

We didn't have long to get ready once we got in from work so my work makeup had to do but I had time to quickly tong my hair with my new Babyliss tongs which are pretty good (my hair doesn't tend to stay in waves for long though).

Clothes wise I wore my super soft skinnies from Miss Selfridge (a recent sale purchase), a pretty M&S lace top (another recent purchase that I forgot all about - oops!) and my faithful Vivienne/Melissa pumps (c/o Sarenza) which I adore! (glasses are Ray Ban and my watch is Juicy Couture in case you wondered).

I felt quite pretty actually. I think this is my new favourite outfit.


 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

23 comments:

  1. Love your hair! You've definitely got some great shades in it!

    Great outfit too!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely :) I love the hair its gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to go from brunette to blonde for quite a while, I think you've definitely inspired me now!
    Lush outfit too :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you would really suit your hair like mollie kings length, especially with the waves! gorgeous!! i recently got 12 inches off my hair and got it like mollies and its the best thing I have ever done and dries in 10 minutes compared to my 40 mins before :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking bloody gorgeous girlie!! Hair is lovely.
    Really like the look of those skinnies...need to slim down my legs before getting some tho me thinks haha! have a lovely sunday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hair! I really wish I could get my hair done like this, but blonde doesn't really suit me without a tan! The outfit is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colour, I think I want something similar! Bright blonde just isn't making me happy at the moment. And I love your lace top, would never have thought it was from M&S xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair colour looks gorgeous! And I want those skinnies, I can see the softness of them from my screen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! You look amazing and really suit your hair that colour. Love your outfit too, that lace top is so pretty :)

    Did you get your Vivienne Westwood shoes your normal size or one lower? I bought a pair recently and I'm unsure whether they're likely to stretch and be too big, due to the rubber material they're made from.

    They're so pretty though and I really want to keep them, just wondering what you've found with yours :) x

    www.hello-freckles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colour of your hair (and your shoes!) in this post.

    melissalovesthis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colour of your hair (and your shoes!) in this post.

    melissalovesthis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colour of your hair (and your shoes!) in this post.

    melissalovesthis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colour of your hair (and your shoes!) in this post.

    melissalovesthis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colour of you hair (and your shoes!) in this post.

    melissalovesthis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair colour really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your hair so much! And the outfit is so pretty too.

    Daisy x
    www.cupcakesandcherries.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your hair, it really suits you :) Your top is gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey,
    beautiful haircolor and a sweet outfit! :)
    Love
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous outfit, and gorgeous hair.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your hair looks fab. You are one of those lucky so and sos who look great blonde or brunette!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Victoria, I absolutely love it! Suits you so nicely! Glad you're happy with it. I never know what to do with my hair colour to be honest. I used to want to go a deep red but never plucked up the courage.

    Cx
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  22. your hair looks gorgeous :D
    also very pretty outfit, love the top :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Tasha Steel - I have one pair my usual size which are fine, but others are slightly too big :(
    So my most recent pair I ordered a size smaller and they're perfect. It's a bit of trial and error really! x

    ReplyDelete