Hot and bothered.

17.7.13

I know moaning about the hot weather is ridiculous after all the months of snow, slush, rain, wind, freezing temperatures and general rubbish weather we had, but jeez. Can't we just have some nice "just right" weather where I don't feel like I'm going to pass out on the bus and my dogs can breathe properly?!

Rant over :)

 
Last weekend I donned a maxi dress and got into the spirit of the heatwave by going to a BBQ where I stuffed myself with veggie sausages, halloumi/veg kebabs and salads (including our contribution of feta and pomegranate salad which was delicious!) I may have also had two helpings of cake for afters but we won't talk about that... ;)

We had to leave Lily and Lola at home as it's far too hot for them outside at the moment, instead leaving them camped out in our dining room, the coolest room in the house.

On Sunday Jonathan and I met my parents for lunch somewhere new which was a rather random Trip Advisor find but turned out to be absolutely amazing food and really reasonably priced so it was a winner! Although after our three courses plus bread plus a couple of shandies a nap was definitely required.

A weekend of sunshine and food can never be a bad thing though. This weekend looks like it will involve a day out (location TBC!) and some sleep. I'm cream crackered!
 
Hope you're all having a good week so far.

"yap yap"
 
 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

21 comments:

  1. your pugs are the absolute cutest. and i love your bracelets, where are they from? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grey maxi and the scalloped edge on your top :)

    I have to also admit, I'm a huge pug lover, and yours are so adorable!

    http://melissalovesthis.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your grey maxi skirt.

    I agree too, your pugs are the absolute cutest!

    http://melissalovesthis.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the new hair colour, it suits you perfectly

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the new hair colour, it suits you perfectly

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair is looking beautiful! I went blonde for summer too, we should start a club ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor little pups- they must be sweltering. I'm not ok with the heat but at least I can swap my jeans for light cotton dresses, instead of wearing fur all year round! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought that was a real guinea pig for a moment there!

    Lovely bracelets

    Cx
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about the heat. It's 6am, I've been awake since half 5 because it's so bloody hot! So thought I'd use some time to catch up on blogs :) I should be used to this heat as it was really hot in Malta, but heat in the UK isn't the best kind!
    The best thing about summer is definitely BBQs. I have two to attend this weekend :D
    Hope L&L are doing ok in the heat, bless them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this outfit! I love how us brits are never satisfied with the weather! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. For a minute then i thought you had a GIANT guinea pig in your garden! Your outfit looks lovely and the blonde hair really does suit you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this weather, it's beautiful. :) Agreed on the hot front for pets though, poor L&L.

    Gorgeous outfit.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the outfit for keeping cool without having to get your legs out. Am trying to invest in a few more maxis for work. I'm hoping they might be a good middle ground for when it's hot outside but the air con is blasting int eh office! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous outfit and your pugs are sooo cute! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous outfit! Max is far too hot too. I have to keep walking him either really early in the morning or late at night about 9ish, or he just won't walk! x

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your top, where is it from?! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your hair so much. You look so pretty :)

    Eve & Faye x

    ReplyDelete
  18. @miho - the bigger bangle is from Ibiza (hippy market) and the others were a set from Accessorize.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Jen - Primark via a local charity shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looking gorgeous, your hair especially is looking beautiful :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG....pugs are like my obsession at the moment! So cute! Shonaelizabeth.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete