Botanical Gardens, Thelma's and Fancie.

4.8.13

As Jonathan is away watching cricket all day today and I'm home alone (well, not alone if you count a couple of Pugs), yesterday we decided to get up early and make the most of the day. After a quick stop at Specsavers (glamorous!) we packed up my little Smart car and headed to Sheffield Botanical Gardens for a leisurely stroll and tried to soak up some sunshine before the showers came.

I've been to the Botanical Gardens once before for a wedding but I didn't get to see much of it so it was the perfect place for an early morning walk.


We made our way round the gardens stopping every now and then for Lily to catch her breath. Luckily Jonathan was on hand to carry her around when her little legs couldn't keep up.

As it was mid-morning it was fairly quiet and peaceful round the gardens which was nice. We spotted one or two joggers, an artist painting the most wonderful painting of the pavilions, and a chap fast asleep on a bench. Oh and a ginger cat who looked rather fierce.

Just as we had made our way round the gardens we spotted some dark clouds above our heads so we headed back to the car, our bellies rumbling for some lunch. As we weren't far from Sharrowvale Road we popped to Thelma's for a sandwich (it would have been rude not to!) and grabbed a cupcake from Fancie to take home with us. 

Since they changed their classic cupcake flavours I've been dying to try one. After much deliberation, and toying with the idea of trying one of the daily specials, I went for the banana sticky toffee, whilst Jonathan opted for the lemon and raspberry.

The verdict? Jonathan declared that the lemon and raspberry is one of the nicest things he has EVER eaten and I loved my banana sticky toffee flavour but felt like I should have eaten it in two sittings. Sugar coma alert!


Lily and Lola were positively knackered when we got home and snoozed their way through the afternoon while we demolished our sandwiches and cupcakes with a lovely brew.

The rest of our day was spent watching cricket (Jonathan) and cross stitching (me) before trying a new recipe of mushroom and kale lasagne for tea with far too much bread and butter.

Hope you all had a good Saturday?

"zzzzzzzzzz"

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

15 comments:

  1. Cutest pictures ever! Hehe, silly pug faces. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest pictures ever! Hehe, silly pug faces. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest pictures ever! Hehe, silly pug faces. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the little pug slippers, all I need now is a real pug! One day...!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. that last picture kills me! We've always meant to go to the botanics in Sheffield but still haven't made it. We went to a small garden place in the center, but I don't think that was it, it was all indoors. What a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really love your hair like this. It really makes me want to go back to being blonde! My hairdresser has banned me from attempting it again though :(
    such lovely pictures :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily and Lola are the cutest!
    Lovely pictures!
    Danielle xo

    opheliaevernote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a lovely Saturday! The photo of Jonathan and Lily/Lola is so cute, as is the very last one - sleeping pug :) I always love the sound of these fancie cupcakes, they sound (and look) delicious! I wish we had a fancie near me!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Botanical Gardens! And Fancie is always my fav place for a cupcake. Lovely photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely day out. Lily is sooo cute! Those cupcakes look so good btw!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those cupcakes look awesome! Looks like a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fancie, always a favourite! Although haven't had a cupcake from there in way too long.

    www.northoflondonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. such cute photos XD I wish I had a dog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lily and Lola are so so cute! Love the pics of them. Your hair is such a lovely colour too.

    Daisy x
    www.cupcakesandcherries.com

    ReplyDelete