Lily's kitchen.

31.8.13

I know dog food isn't the most exciting topic in the blogging world but as a dog owner of two very greedy dogs who can often has sensitive tummies to certain brands of food or food that's too rich, I'm always on the lookout for products that are kind on the pocket but also kind to them.

Lily's Kitchen offer "proper food for pets" in the shape of natural and organic wet food, dry food and treats. In addition to their natural ethos (they're the UK's most ethical pet food company) their products also have the most adorable packaging and their range of dog treats come in flavours that sound appealing even to me (okay, maybe not the liver flavour but cheese and apple sounds pretty tasty!)


What do Lily's Kitchen say about their recipes? 

We call our range of recipes ‘proper food’ because that is what our food looks and smells like. We make each recipe with wholesome, natural ingredients packed full of nourishing ingredients to keep your dog or cat in peak condition as well as build a strong immune system to fight disease.

Our products are unique in the world – we are the first company to produce and launch grain-free and meal-free foods. We only ever use 100% fresh meat in our recipes – no meat meals.

What's the verdict from Lily and Lola? They've absolutely loved being taste testers. They've trialled three boxes of treats (Forget Me Nots, Power Flowers and Bedtime Biscuits) which have all gone down a... well, a treat. They've also trialled the dry dog food which they've had in the morning and evening and they had no qualms there either.


Sometimes when I switch their food it can cause problems but they have both been absolutely fine making the transition to Lily's Kitchen and having checked over the ingredients I'm really happy that they're both keen to eat such nutritious food.

Lily's Kitchen is stocked at a pet food store not too far from us, as well as Waitrose in Sheffield which we do occasionally pop to for items we love but can't find elsewhere, which means we can stock up once we have finished the bags we received.


The products I received were sent to me on behalf of Tesco Pet Insurance (a big thank you from Lily and Lola for the tasty treats and thank you from me for introducing me to such a great brand).

Tesco Bank Pet Insurance is arranged, administered, and underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

8 comments:

  1. Looks great, and not actually more expensive than most other premium brands. I think I'll be letting my cat try them.

    Your Pugs are incredibly cute!

    Magali x
    Petite Gingembre

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dogs are so cute ! They look thrilled !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naw what cuties. The things we do for our dogs eh?! My staffy cross has been diagnosed as an allergy dog, meaning he can't have grain or rye or artificial preservatives. Thank god our supermarket stocks two good dog food brands, VIP and Nature's Gift. The annoying thing that only some VIP stuff is natural!
    Once a week I even make up his own mince and rice dish to give him a bit of variety.
    My aunt and nan make up their elderly poodle stews each week which are so easy to make. Maybe you should experiment on the weekends if you can?
    It's so nice seeing happy puppies!
    Love reading about your cuties. Please write about them as much as you can :)
    Love Paris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable - I will have to find these at Waitrose for my two little ones to try! Thanks for sharing!

    www.george-porge.blogspot.com

    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great, I especially love the cute packaging of them too! I'm definitely thinking of buying some of these to give Mickey (my little food loving Shih Tzu). I always find it quite difficult finding Mickey food which he enjoys and is suitable for him as he too also has quite a sensitive tummy and I am always on the lookout for nutritious goodies for him :) Lily and Lolo are so cute! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pugs are so sweet! Elsie loves this brand, we got her on it after discovering it in a dog shop in Covent Garden. She's a fussy eaters so it's great to find things that she will eat! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo! This makes me really want some doggies :(

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valuable information and excellent design you got here! I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts about cheap pet insurance into the stuff you post!!

    ReplyDelete