Working 9 to 5.

12.8.13

It's not often I get home from work and don't immediately put on my workout gear or stick my pjs on but there was one night last night I didn't do either of those things. Instead I whipped out my camera and Jonathan attempted to make the tea and take photos of me simultaneously. I'd like to add at this point that I did brush my hair before these photos although you wouldn't think it to look at me...

This work dress is one of my favourite things to wear and not just because it makes getting ready on a morning a no-brainer. Tights, dress, voila! I think it's really pretty and it makes me feel smart but there's also plenty of room for maneuver as I'm often running round and dashing up and down the stairs at work. Plus I always get a couple of nice comments when I wear it which is never a bad thing. (It's from Next but I got it on Ebay).


You may also notice a pair of rather special shoes on my feet in the form of my black Vivienne Westwood Anglomania + Melissa Divine SP Ad pumps that were delivered recently after I picked them out with one of my ambassador vouchers.

The thing I really like about the rubber Vivienne/Melissa pumps is that I don't need to worry about wearing them when it's raining. I've lost many a pair of nice pumps through unpredictable weather!

They are a tad on the snug side due to my usual side being too roomy so I switched them for the next size down, but I can live with that as they're so pretty. I can't resist that gold Vivienne logo!


 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

14 comments:

  1. Love the dress - you look very smart! I often wish I worked in an office environment - I have a set uniform for my job and, although it's supposed to be smart, I feel far from it! It's black trousers and a white shirt with the company logo on it, and the white shirt stains so easily...so I end up feeling a bit, well, trampy, haha. Love the pumps too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute dress!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing good work outfits ! Great outfit

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love this dress- Its nice to see a bit of workwear being styled! I need to udate my work wardrobe but I spend most of my day running around and regularly get splattered by paint (I work with kids haha) so I tend to stay away from anything too smart sadly!
    Kaz at Sunshine Days x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely. Such a pretty dress and the shoes are fabulous. It's really nice to see a work outfit, not many bloggers share them.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this is such a cute outfit, you look lovely. I instantly get into my PJ's after work too, need to stop doing that! Could do with getting into workout gear instead haha. The blonde looks really good on you btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that dress, I'll have to start searching for it on ebay, I have never really been one for shopping in Next, so I miss out when they have something nice.
    I've been wondering about these Viv / Melissa shoes for a while, I hadn't thought about the added bonus that they are waterproof. So many of my shoes have muddy puddle stains :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful work outfit. I'm trying to invest in more nice work clothes but I find it hard sometimes. Those pumps are just delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely work outfit. When I worked in the city as an insurance broker I really wasn't as into clothes and bags as I am now. Sometimes I wish I still worked up there just for the clothes! And then I come to my senses and start baking ;)

    Love the little pug popping up in the pictures!

    Caroline x
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this outfit! You look lovely!
    Danielle xo || Lilyofthevalley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi lily!You got thin!!!!!!!!! great I hope me to

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely work dress! I always feel like I am more productive at work if I am happy in what i'm wearing. Great ebay find!

    Beth // SansSouci

    ReplyDelete
  13. very pretty, I struggle to find work outfits that make me feel pretty at work! this has given me some inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous outfit, and I love the shoes :)
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete