A birthday, Bailey's cheesecake and a blue "outfit of the day".

22.9.13

This time yesterday I was a little bit chilly. What a difference 24 hours makes! The sun is shining today and it's absolutely glorious. I can't keep up with the weather at the moment. Hope you've got sunshine wherever you are?

It was my dad's birthday yesterday so we drove up to my mum and dad's in the morning to spend the day with them (my sister and brother in law were also visiting from the Isle of Man). Lily and Lola love being there. They would follow my mum to the ends of the earth which suits me. It gives me a bit of peace as normally it's me tripping up over them!


We had a nice spot of lunch complete with pudding (I had Bailey's and toffee cheesecake and it was delish) before a very lazy afternoon on the sofa in front of a film or two. When we had mustered up the energy my mum and I took the dogs (Lily and Lola plus three more) for a walk along the canal to see the baby swans. Oh they were ever so cute! And grey! Who knew?!

I wore a comfy ensemble (as it's a good hours drive away) and made sure I had a stretchy element to my bottom half to make room for my lunch! To say I don't particularly like H&M and rarely go in, I wore two recent H&M purchases; a lightweight speckled jumper with an open back and a jacket. 

I have quite a few long coats but I have been looking out for a really nice short jacket so when I spotted this one at only £29.99 it had to be mine. On my feet I wore my new Melissa pumps and took them for their first outing. I am obsessed with blue at the moment and they are no exception. They're such a pretty shade of blue.


Yesterday was lovely. It's always nice to see family, especially my sister who I don't see very often with her living on the Isle of Man (I suppose I miss my brother in law too, even though he tells me I don't blog enough anymore. Haha. Hi Steve!)

How has your weekend been? I'm about to curl up on the sofa for the evening with some cross stitching, food, something good on the tv and the pugs at my feet. Bliss!

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

8 comments:

  1. that jacket is so lovely - looks perfect on you. And Baileys & toffee cheesecake?! outrageous. x

    Miho @ Wander to Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely day with your family! A belated happy birthday to your dad! That cheesecake sounds AMAZING. :)
    I've had quite a relaxed weekend - looked after my baby nephew yesterday (he was very good!), and had a massive well deserved lay in today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cheesecake sounds amazing. Also how cute are the pugs, freaking adorable!!
    Sammie
    Little Blonde Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures, you're absolutely stunning!
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lily & Lola are so cute! I just want to hug them!

    The coat is lovely! I need a nice smart jacket like that!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that coat looks great on you :)
    Rosie x | Every Word Handwritten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pugs are so cute! And I'm jealous of all the cute coats like yours I've been seeing in H&M. Fall is coming, but I live in Dubai so I'm not sure a coat would be a practical purchase!

    -Alyssa
    ethlovesjelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered your blog! :) Been having fun scrolling through past posts. Your pugs are adorable! I love their squishy little faces! xo

    ReplyDelete