Erm, hello. I hope you lovely readers are still out there and haven't deserted my blog which, quite frankly, has been well and truly neglected over the past few months. It seems like I've barely had time to go on the computer but every time I do sit down to write something it just doesn't come. Blog writers block if you will. I have basically chained myself to the chair to sit down and spend a little bit of time writing this as I thought it would be nice to share a quick update on where I've been and what has been happening.
So, what has been happening with me over the past few months?
* Last weekend we went to Liverpool for a couple of nights, ate too much, and squabbled all the way home because apparently I am a rubbish driver (I'm not!)
* I'm permanently tired and forever live in hope that I will get 8 hours sleep but can't seem to get to bed for 10pm (it seems so early!)
* I have developed a granola and yoghurt addiction.
* I started a million cross stitch projects and probably won't finish any of them in time for Christmas.
* I started my Christmas shopping....
* but stopped exercising and making healthy food decisions...
* which has resulted in me gaining 3/4 of a stone (oops).
* Last but not least, I was recently diagnosed with PCOS which has been scary and confusing but kind of a relief to find out what has been causing my skin issues and lady problems and possibly the cause of my weight gain. So I guess I am starting a bit of a journey into finding out more about PCOS and hopefully getting treatment for it at some point. I know it affects some of you guys too so any words of wisdom would be great right about now!
Pug snuggles and new magazines / current fave breakfast / new trainers to spur me on (c/o Sarenza)
mahoosive hot chocolate at Costa / Jamie's Italian in Liverpool / "lol"
So some of the above isn't brilliant admittedly and yes I am in a bit of a funk at the moment but I thought that compiling a little list of "5 good things" like I did in the old days would give me some positive things to focus on heading into the weekend.
1) After a busy day at work tomorrow I will be going straight to the hairdressers for a cut and to see to my roots. I do have a mild phobia of trips to the hairdresser but it is nice to sit and read trashy magazines for a couple of hours and watch the world go by.
2) I've got loads of things to share with you - photos from our trip to Liverpool, new clothes, a book review, some beauty posts and a few other bits and pieces, so hopefully my blogging momentum keeps going!
3) My sister is back from the Isle of Man next weekend and we have made shopping and lunch plans.
4) As we don't really watch regular telly but prefer to watch "series" we are having a field day at the moment. We are working our way through The Big Bang Theory from the beginning (currently on series 4) but have also just started the new series of Homeland, American Horror Story, New Girl and The Walking Dead. Oh and not to mention we have started Breaking Bad and are up-to-date with (but eagerly awaiting new episodes of) Suits and Grimm! Ah so that's why I haven't had time to blog ;)
5) Although I dislike dark mornings and dark evenings I do love the cold, crisp air at the moment (when it's not raining) and find it much easier to dress for the colder months. Ugg boots, slouchy jumpers, pretty new coats and Slanket action on the sofa!
Right it's 10pm. I'm off to bed! Oh who am I kidding... :)