Blogging on the move.

24.11.13

After more than 4 years of writing Lily loves Lola I recently contemplated closing it down. Working full time, looking after dogs and having a busy social life in the run up to Christmas has made finding the time to blog  hard to come by. By the time I get home from work, eat dinner, do my workout and have a shower it's almost bedtime and the thought of switching on the computer and blogging at a desk is not always that appealing.

So the opportunity to test out a portable tablet couldn't have come at a better time. Introducing the Google Nexus 7 which has a 7 inch touch-screen, 16GB of internal storage, built in speakers and a webcam and is just 8.6mm wide making it the perfect portable device!

I bought a keyboard that's compatible with this particular tablet, which doubles up as a stand and a case, and connects to the tablet via Bluetooth. Although the keys are tiny it makes it much easier to type compared to using the on-screen keyboard.


Being able to write blog posts and tweets around the house, as opposed to being sat at the desk in our spare bedroom, means I will be able to write as and when new ideas come to me, whether I am in bed on an evening or on the sofa watching telly, and it can travel with me if I know I will have a wi-fi connection because it is so thin and lightweight.

I have downloaded the Bloglovin app which means I can use the device to read and comment on my favourite blogs (such as Buy Now Blog Later as seen below!) which is something I haven't done enough of lately.

I generally think tablets are a great idea and the reviews for the Nexus 7 speak volumes about what a great gadget it is. There's no need to carry a bulky laptop around with you. This fits neatly into my handbag and I love that I can turn it into a mini laptop with the addition of the bluetooth keyboard which also double up as a case to protect the screen.


I hope that being liberated from our computer desk gives my blog a new lease of life and I can finally get round to writing up all the ideas I have stored in my head.

Do you use a tablet to write blog posts or read blogs?

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

This blog post is written in association with Argos.

18 comments:

daisychain said...

I used to think I had no need for a tablet until my parents bought me an iPad, it makes blogging at weekends from the boy's much easier :) xx

Sophie said...

Oh, I'm glad Lily Loves Lola is staying put! I love your blog <3
I really love the idea of a tablet - I really would like one myself, but my boyfriend says I don't need one, what with owning a laptop and an iphone. Oh, but I DO need one! xx

jessica rose said...

I don't have a tablet but I would very like santa to bring me one! ;)

http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

Jess | Just Jesss said...

I love my Kindle but don't like blogging from it because as you say, the on-screen keyboard is quite hard to use. I think I need to invest in one of these - it's cute how tiny it is too! :)

Jess xo

Beccy said...

I use an iPad to read blogs, but not to write posts - would love to though! I hope Lily Loves Lola stays put x

Beccy said...

I use my iPad to read posts, but not to write with although would like to. Hope Lily Loves Lola stays put!

Elephants said...

I really enjoy reading your blog! Even though I am from the US, and I have never even met you in person I feel like we are a lot alike! I hope the tablet is more helpful!

Hannah Cagney Lace said...

I'm so thankful you haven't closed your blog Victoria, yours is one of my faves! Since my boyf and I bought our house I've been struggling to blog too so it's great to hear I'm not alone.

Hannah x

Smitten said...

I struggle too, to make time to sit down and write my own blog along with reading all the blogs I love. Like you Gem working full time and trying to keep on top of my Jewellery makes along with my Zumba classes (to keep the waistline down) I barely write enough posts as it is without getting the Boston Terrier that I plan too.
But you did capture me immediately with that title…… so had to read your post straight away. I’m at work at the moment so not really supposed to be doing this right now and I’m squinting badly at my blackberry!!! So, must ask Santa for a Notebook too…… So, glad you’re still writing your blog as really enjoy reading it. ;)

karenanita said...

I have the exact same tablet and love it so much I'm getting the Nexus 5 phone. Lasted me well and is really great for blogging. So glad you decided to keep at it! :) x

Rachel said...

my laptop is currently broken so I use an app called blogsy to publish blog posts on my iPad which makes it much easier. xx

www.ohsoaddictedtobeauty.blogspot.com

Chandré Nortier said...

I have the same tablet, it is really cool. Now thinking I should save for the keyboard. I use my tablet for reading blogs and sometimes I blog.

Curiouser and Curiouser said...

Never really considered a Nexus 7 before, but love the look of it - the keyboard would be especially useful for blogging in public places. I don't have a tablet, and have only ever considered getting an iPad, but this has swayed me into looking at different tablets and doing a bit more research x x

http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

carryoncreating said...

Your blog is simply too lovely to close down! Although I sympathise with being busy and not being able to find the time. I'm glad the tablet helps (it looks cute and dinky) and you can carry on blogging! x

annabananna521 said...

I want one! It's almost comforting to read that others struggle to blog often and I find that it's the other aspects of social media I need to do more on the move. So maybe I could get a Xmas present to myself... :)

Becca Mace said...

I am so very glad you have decided to carry on with blogging, I love reading and seeing what adventures you get up too!
I also find blogging difficult in a way, i'm finding I am finishing work, walking the dogs, eating dinner, shower and then bed time! No time at all. I suppose blogging is a hobby and you can only do it when you feel like it, no point in posting something for the benfit of a new post!

I've been thinking of getting a tablet this christmas, must be so much easier to blog and look up things when you're on the move.


Oh no...you've made me really want one now!


Taz and Bear

Charlotte said...

I absolutely adore your blog, please never stop writing! x

S Gray said...

Please don't close it down! Yours is one of my favourites!! X