Crafting, chowder and carrot cake.

25.11.13

On Saturday my friend and I made time for a spot of crafting and lunch. We went to Fired Arts in Sheffield where I wimped out on pottery painting as per usual and went for the easier option of decopatch.

I really wanted to do a pot for my makeup brushes but they didn't have anything that fit the bill so I went for the next best thing - a plant pot! I thought it would look nice on our kitchen windowsill housing our basil plant.

My friend opted for a rather smashing pair of Christmas tree baubles in red and gold.
 

Lunch was so good. We went to Fancie on Ecclesall Road, as it's only a short drive from Fired Arts, where we both went for the soup of the day, sweetcorn chowder. Oh my, it was so tasty and came with a huge chunk of bread and butter for dipping.

We shared a portion of sweet potato wedges, had a pot of tea a piece and took cake home for our fellas (ahem.. and ourselves..) The carrot cake was nice but I wouldn't order it again, although Jonathan was very happy with his lemon and raspberry cupcake which I was a tad jealous of!

I'd go back for the sweetcorn chowder in a second. It was completely and utterly scrumptious!

cross stitch jumper - M&S / black jeans - River Island / jacket - H&M
Joselin boots by Ugg Australia - c/o Sarenza

It was positively freeeezing outside so I wrapped up warm in a new jumper, jeans and a new pair of Uggs. If only I could hold onto a pair of gloves for more than two minutes and find my favourite beanie hat I would be set!

When I got home there was only one thing for it after all that crafting and food: a nap!

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png

13 comments:

  1. Great looking pot and saucer and the baubles look amazing.

    What a nice thing to do.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might look into seeing if there is anything like this near me to do! It looks like a nice trip out!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweetcorn chowder sounds so good - just my cup of tea! And mmm, sweet potato wedges :) Sounds like a lovely day, and both yours and your friend's creations are beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a fab day. Love the uggs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely day, the cake looks delicious! Love you'd jumper as we'll. I went to a pottery paint place with my friends and my attempts weren't particularly artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those boots! Gorgeous. And look so snuggly.
    Both efforts of painting pottery look really good. Love the baubles.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I particularly love the blue and silver bauble. I'm also very jealous of those boots <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm obsessed with Fired Arts, it's the best isn't it? I always opt for the decopatch too! I adore Fancie but have noticed a lately that the food is better than the cake!

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to decopatch! Must try and find a place in London...Love your boots, they look so snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a loovely day, LOVE the boots xo

    www.hannah-bee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd really like to try Fired Arts! You looked effortlessly lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd really like to try Fired Arts! You looked effortlessly lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking lovely!! Boots look cosy. I quite fancy giving decopatch a go again I did it when I was 10 or something so been a while :-) x

    ReplyDelete