My 2013 Christmas cards.

22.12.13

Every year I try to make a handful of special cards for family and this year I pushed the boat out, trying some cross stitch patterns from the Cross Stitcher Handmade Cards annual.

I am really pleased with how they came out. I chose three different designs, a Christmas pudding, a Snowman and some pretty baubles. With the addition of some buttons, a black pen and a gold pen, and of course some blank cards/envelopes they were really easy to put together but look really effective.

The only problem is that they took so long to do I could only make a handful which means I have had to send shop bought cards too (shock horror!)


 Have you made or bought your cards this year?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

20 comments:

  1. They look amazing! x
    http://lornaswishingwell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I love the colours you chose. They are adorable :) I didn't get round to making cards this year but I did try out decoupage and made some decorations and also made a couple of snow globes (which are on my blog!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made my cards last year, hand stamped and embossed, and it as soooo time consuming! Not only that but they were heavier than standard cards and cost almost double to send (since I was sending them to America from England this was a problem) Yours came out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw wow! You must be so patient to do this haha. I will attempt to try to do something like this next year which will give me the year to practise lol

    Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, homemade things always add a special touch, so thoughtful :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these look great! So simple yet effective :) I've just bought mine this year, but I would love to make them one year x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are amazing :)
    What did you use to colour in the snowman hat and holly leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous! I've bought my cards this year, if I tried to make them it would end badly haha.

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute! Love the handmade touch for some special recipients :)

    www.northoflondonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look fantastic. i have made my own cards in the past, but to my shame I bought them all this year. Have a very lovely Christmas xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome! Love them. I had every intention to make loads this year but never managed it :-( x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are so lovely and simple, you should think about opening an etsy shop if you haven't already! x

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these. I love that they are in cute pastel colours.

    ReplyDelete