New hair, new shoes, and a happy new year!

30.12.13

I hope you've all had a great Christmas. Apart from having a constant headache from eating too much chocolate I've had a grand time! I got to see my family and Jonathan's family, do a bit of sale shopping, get plenty of sleep, have a blog makeover, spend quality time with L&L and generally hibernate inside, avoiding the awful weather! We still have two days to enjoy before we go back to work.

I forgot all about these photos from when Jonathan and I met my mum and dad for lunch the weekend before Christmas. It seems like a million years ago now as so much has happened since. 

They were taken the day after I had a huge chunk of hair chopped off. That's my second drastic haircut of 2013 due to the rate that it grows, although it still doesn't feel that short. I may go shorter next time! I'm really happy with it and have found it really quick and easy to style. It's also nice to get a bit more volume. Although I did like my long hair, I always felt a bit drab.


We drove to Horsforth in Leeds to meet my parents for lunch as our usual meet-halfway-between-Rotherham-and-Leeds lunch spot was fully booked. We went to a great place called the Brownlee Arms and ate and drank until we were completely stuffed.  

I have got a few goals/resolutions for 2014 but one of them is definitely: take more flipping photos when I go out and about and don't forget to blog about them! ;)

Anyway, this may be my last blog post for 2013 so I will bid you a very happy New Years Eve for tomorrow night. Have a great time whatever you have got planned. We are going to a party at a friends house with a few other couples that we know and there's a fancy dress theme of the 90s. Jonathan and I are both waiting for parcels to arrive with the final touches to our fancy dress ideas so tomorrow could be interesting if they don't arrive. Anyway, have a good one and I'll see you in 2014!

My new shoes: Ryskal by Shellys London c/o Sarenza
Jonathan's new shoes: Chuck Taylor All Star Leather by Converse c/o Sarenza
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

14 comments:

  1. LOVE our hair, it's so pretty!
    Gold Dust
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new hair looks gorgeous!

    Catherine, xo // Lady Liquor Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your hair colour :) I've just gone darker myself but thinking of having some blonde put through the ends.

    www.northoflondonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks lovely! Glad you had a nice Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeing those shoes of yours, gorgeous! Love the hair too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks gorgeous, hope you have a lovely New Year :)
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh your hair is gorgeous! Love the length, looks so fresh on you! You're making me want a hair chop! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks great, really pretty, and I love the colour.
    Hope you both have a fantastic New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god, your hair. So beautiful! Everyone keeps getting their hair chopped to this lovely length and it's making me want to too! I know what you mean about long hair being a bit flat and drab! And I also adore the shoes (they match my living room!) but a little out of my price range at the mo :-(
    Rosie x
    everythingsrosieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful hair, love the cloud and cut.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks fab! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so lovely! The colour really suits you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woww I like your shoes actually haha can you visit my blog and leave a comment too?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woww I like your shoes actually haha can you visit my blog and leave a comment too?

    ReplyDelete