2014 will be the year I... (plus an update on my 2013 resolutions and my favourite photos of this year).

1.1.14

♥ Get fitter / be more consistent with my exercise / stay at my goal weight

♥ Try Yoga or Pilates

♥ Go indoor rock climbing

♥ Try to be a better friend

♥ Comment on every blog post I read

♥ Read 52 books i.e. a book for every week of the year

♥ Get to the bottom of my acne problem and have more confidence in my appearance

(But ultimately accept that appearance is not the be all and end all!)

♥ Have more bubble baths and "me" time

♥ Relax... (yeah right! ;))

Phew! I think that's enough to be getting on with.

2013 has been kind to me. I have no complaints! The year started off with a career break and a bit of time at home making the most of being a lady of leisure. I did a bit of self employed dog walking before finding a new job in HR that I've been loving. 

I've made new friends. I went to Ibiza for some sunshine and visited the Isle of Man. Jonathan and I discovered The Big Bang Theory and watched every single episode from the beginning. I changed my hair length and colour far too many times before getting it "just right".

We travelled to Anglesey for a wedding and took in the sights. We tried new restaurants and went back to some old favourites. We had nights in with friends playing board games and being silly.


I did fairly well with my 2013 resolutions. I reached my goal weight and managed to stay there until I went on holiday to Ibiza and overdid it on the breakfast buffet. I definitely saw my parents more than the previous year which has made me very happy. I also visited my sister and her hubby on the Isle of Man. Another one ticked off the list. Hurrah!

Join a club. Hmm. Does starting piano lessons count? I started lessons in December and plan to keep going with them as I am really enjoying it and seem to be progressing quite nicely!

I got loads of photos printed off and put them into albums which was a huge task but I'm so glad I did it. I love the idea of looking back on them with my children or grandchildren(!) As for "taking better photos", I am still working on that one!

So what does 2014 have in store? Holidays to Florida and Sorrento. A mini trip back to Woodhall Spa for my 29th birthday in February. Hopefully there will be lots of fun with friends, old and new. Family time. Crafting. More reading. More trips to the cinema. More quality time with Jonathan. I will get to grips with my camera. See McBusted live! And try to work on my work-life balance a bit more. But hopefully it will be a great year!

Happy New Year everyone x

 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

33 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you both and here's to a wonderful 2014!! xx

    http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post - I'm going to add some of your resolutions to my list. Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Victoria! I'd love to read 52 books this year, would be an amazing challenge to complete!
    Sorrento is lovely - I went to Italy just after leaving school;my parents and I did a tour of a few places over two weeks and Sorrento was one of my favourites. Very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Years! Great resolutions, I think going rock climbing sounds great! x

    http://lornaswishingwell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an inspiring post. Happy New Year :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post :) I hope that next year I can say I reached my goal weight and maintained it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year victoria!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of McBusted before but was hoping that it was a McFly/Busted amalgamation and I am SO GLAD it is! Now really want to see them too.

    Sounds like you've had a great 2013, and have lots to look forward to for 2014! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope 2014 treats you as good as 2013(:

    whatlodid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope 2014 is just as good as 2013 for you

    whatlodid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pictures Victoria, you are stunning! Happy New Year, Hope you have a fabulous 2014!
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the resolution to comment on blog posts more, I think we are all guilty of reading and moving on without sharing a little love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with your 2014 goals! I really enjoyed looking at your year in review post. It's nice, as bloggers, to be able to look back at what we've done over the year and keep track of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post!

    I have a few goals - not resolutions for this year that are similar to yours!


    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year! Great post and good luck with your resolutions :)

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed this post and look forward to reading lots more in 2014. Good luck with the goals! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year lovely! What a great look back. Well done in achieving many of your 2013 goals. You've inspired me into thinking about my goals for this year - commenting more is definitely one of them too!

    Oh and I so adore your pugs, just the cutest.

    Caroline x
    Cocktails and Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a wonderful year, happy new year! Beautiful photos x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post- i agree i also am going to comment on every post i read- i know how pants it feels to not get any feedback on mine- deff a great resolution! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely post!
    I intend to comment more on blogs and do more reading in 2014 :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. great resolutions!
    can't wait to see what 2014 brings to you :)

    xo
    jenny
    www.frocksandfrivolity.blogspot.com
    www.jennyscribbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year Victoria!! Sounds like 2013 was a pretty good year for you I hope 2014 is just as good. Keep up the piano lessons, its such a wonderful instrument to play, I started playing at 7 years of age, got to grade 5 then stopped at the age of 14, I can still just about play The Entertainer, wish I never stopped. Have a good 2014 xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a massive and a very interesting post to check on this awesome site! Almost never post any feedback but now i just did not resist
    jeux de motos

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just discovered your blog, and following straight away. I'm on a bit of a journey to find people who write well, and share moments from their day :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. happy new year lovely, yoga is amazing for you and kudos if you can actually stick to it- I do 5 minutes of sun salutations most mornings but cant do classes as I'm so so bad at anything to do with flexibility. Also good luck with commenting on blog posts, I really really wish I actually took the time to do that but I seem to read most posts from my phone and am too lazy to log in to google to comment!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy New Year! Wishing you much success meeting your 2014 goals.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your resolutions and your photos are lovely. Good luck on them and the whole year. http://loverofconfusion.blogspot.ie/2014/01/show-and-tell-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Victoria!

    Great post and lovely photos. I've been reading and enjoying your blog for a long time but I'm only just starting to get involved with the blogging community, hence the comment. :) Actually, it was your fifth resolution, 'Comment on every blog post I read' that inspired me to get involved and to finally get cracking on my own blog (both of which I've wanted to do for ages!). Best of luck in 2014.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've totally been inspired to read more & comment on posts after reading your post. :) x

    ReplyDelete