Life lately.

13.1.14

Apart from waking up with an awful cough and cold on the 1 January (and possibly a small hangover) 2014 has been off to a pretty good start. I have eased back into work and my normal routine, with my waistline thanking me for leaving the house and avoiding the chocolate stashed in the cupboards. 

Last week Jonathan and I had a mini date night and went out for tea before having a stroll round Meadowhall to pick out a birthday present for his mum. I went for cocktails on Friday night with a friend from work then on Saturday Jonathan and I spent the afternoon and evening with his family to celebrate his mum's birthday. This involved lots of food and Bucks Fizz! We took dessert in the form of individual raspberry cheesecakes which Jonathan made earlier that day, served with cream and crumbled cookies on top, and they were fantastic!


Yesterday we had a really lazy day, with the exception of a walk to the duck pond with Lily and Lola. We made a big stew for lunch and mopped up the gravy with bread and butter, watched a film that was 3 hours long and almost sent me to sleep, and lounged around reading. It was pretty fabulous.

I am getting back on "it" with my workouts this week so I am going to feel back to my usual busy self, trying to fit working out, walking the dogs, cleaning, reading and piano lessons around working full time. But it beats being bored I guess!

Over the next few weeks we have plans with friends and I have a voucher for rock climbing lessons that I need to book! Then it's my birthday which will bring a weekend with my family, dinner with Jonathan at home, a night with my friend, and a weekend away with Jonathan. We're going back to Woodhall Spa as we loved it so much when we went for my birthday two years ago.

Have a great week everyone!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

23 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! Them cheesecakes look delicious!
    Keeley's Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow sounds like you've had a busy weekend! Those cupcakes look yummy :)

    Love From Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a pretty good weekend to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Victoria <3!Your life seems brilliant and i'm really happy for you!!!
    Martina
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some gorgeous pictures - I love lazy weekends like that!

    Have a good week

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a busy but fun weekend! I can't get over how adorable the dog pictures are. I'm a sucker for a cute dog haha. Hope you have a great week!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like some great food (and adorable pugs) !

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World | Check out my MAC lipstick giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to try rock climbing which is strange as I'm not great with heights! Looks really fun though. The cheesecakes look delicious - it's barely 7am and they're still making me hungry! :) x x

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I have a cupcake please? xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a lovely relaxing weekend - just what January's are made for.

    Your log burner looks soooo cosy too. I keep on telling my husband that we need to put one in our living room, but he's not having any of it. My sister-in-law has one and says it's changed her life!

    Victoria, shabby-chic-home.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely pics, everything looks so cosy. And as always love the pics of the puglets. :)
    Sounds like you have a busy time coming up, but lots of exciting stuff.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely adore your lifestyley posts Victoria, they're such a delight to read.

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mini cheesecakes Jonathan made look amazing! I'm drooling!
    It sounds like you've had a nice couple of weeks :) The spa for your birthday sounds lovely! Lucky girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cheesecakes!!!! Jeez!! Sounds like a wonderful few weekends ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos, the dog is so cute! You can't beat a lazy weekend, I regularly have them :)

    Beth | BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovey pictures, those cheesecakes look delicious!
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm officially in love with your dog, so cute!!!

    She Goes Wear

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love your fireplace
    loverofconfusion.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh gosh, your doggy is the cutest! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I miss your blog posts - I hope you're well! Come back soon! x

    Harriet
    www.lovemoreandworryless.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete