Orlando, Florida - Epcot.

20.5.14

I'm back from my 2 weeks away after a sunny and fun-filled trip to Orlando, Florida. Before I slip into full on post-holiday depression mode I thought I should sort through my photos as I wanted to share some with you all. Don't worry - there won't be 14 of these posts as some days were rest days and some days I will merge into one blog post!

I didn't take my "proper" camera as I didn't want to carry it round with me, especially as I go on all manner of rides and rollercoasters, but I wish I had taken it now, if only to capture the animals at Animal Kingdom! Not to worry. My little digital camera didn't do a bad job. It just means we need to book another trip so I can take more photos! ;)

We (we is Jonathan, my mum, dad, sister, brother in law, and me!) arrived on a Saturday afternoon and spent the rest of that day unpacking, resting, having a quick bite to eat then an early night ready for an early start the next day. Our hotel was on International Drive near the Convention Centre. It was the Hyatt Regency, formerly The Peabody, and it was absolutely fabulous! We usually stay in the Rosen Plaza opposite but we got a great deal on the Hyatt and it was very plush.

Our first full day was spent at Epcot, which is one of the Disney World parks. Epcot stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow if you didn't know! It has a couple of big rides (Test Track being one of my all time favourites) but it's more of an experience than a thrill ride place.


There are educational rides, lots of shops, fountains that dance to music, a butterfly house, and you can even travel round "the World" if you visit the World Showcase. You'll find countries like Germany, Canada, Italy, Norway and even good ol' England which have been recreated complete with themed restaurants and performance artists. We stopped in Germany for our lunch - beer and bratwurst, yum! Germany was also where we found the Christmas shop where we spent ages perusing the ornaments. We also paid a visit to the boat ride in Norway is pretty fun!

If you look at the photos with the water in the background you can see parts of the World Showcase behind. The attention to detail in each country is incredible. England is complete with a pub where you can get fish and chips amongst other traditional grub, a red telephone box, traditional cottages and a shop that sells UK chocolate if you miss the taste of home!

The flower festival was on while we were visiting so we got to see all our favourite Disney characters in plant versions. I managed to find Winnie the Pooh - he's my favourite.

I didn't take many photos here as we were so busy dashing round trying to see everything. Epcot is huge and our feet were aching by the end of our first day, so we admitted defeat and headed home for a bite to eat and most importantly a sit down!


Stay tuned for the next post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

20 comments:

  1. Lovely photos - I hope you had a wonderful time. The Minnie Mouse ears are adorable, and I love the Winnie the Pooh topiary!

    Beccy // Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Epcot on the day of a terrible storm and Test Track got struck by lightning!! It shorted out the power in the whole park! They were giving away ice creams because they were melting in the heat. The ride was closed for the rest of the day and we never got to go on it!! 8 year old me was sorely disappointed!

    I look forward to reading your other disney adventures :D I'm such a big kid :P

    Grace x
    theartofwandering.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an amazing time at Epcot Victoria. I'm so excited to be going to Florida in the summer, and even more so now I've seen your amazing snaps x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh this brings back memories - I was there last summer. Epcot was my least favourite out the lot but I still had a good time! And I agree regarding their attention to detail.. I've just come back from Disneyland in Paris and it doesn't compare in regards to this! I'm looking forward to reading more of your Florida posts! x
    http://aworldfullofprettiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember loving Epcot as a kid, I thought the section with all the different countries was so cool (and I loved that Canada was there)! Sounds like you had such a nice family vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm going to enjoy these posts and may do a similar thing :) love EPCOT- we did the world properly for the first time and was so impressed! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous, it looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this makes me want to go back so bad!!! I can't wait to see all your other posts. Disney is my favourite place in the whole world. Looks like you had a fab time. Also I love your tshirt :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting this! We're hoping to go to Disney World next October, so it's great to hear what you think :) Looking forward to the next instalment xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks amazing! Would love to go there! Can I ask where your shorts are from? They're just what i'm after. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look like you had an awesome time - and you look adorable with the ears on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Caroline - River Island :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww I've got such a soft spot for Epcot, my brother always calls it the boring one but I love love love International Showcase! Can't wait to read more about your trip - Disney World is my favourite place haha

    Bxx
    b-jolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love Epcot, every time I've visited Florida, it edges it's way further up my list of favourite parks.

    Japan was my absolute favourite. I would love to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so ridiculously jealous! Fantastic weather, Disney, Orlando, cute Minnie Mouse ears? What more could you ask for?! *face of awe*

    I also loved your outfit, on a side note ;)

    xx

    thehamami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, you're blogging again! :) Your photos make me want to go back. Maybe next summer... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh i miss that place
    gorgeous photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eeee! I'm so excited to read all of your Florida posts!

    Epcot looks so beautiful and intricate. As a massive Disney-nerd, I know I'm going to get so excited about details like the character hedges when I go. The Christmas store also wonderful! I have a couple of Disney ornaments that I bought from The Disney Shop last winter so I definitely think I'll need to add a couple to my collection while I'm over there for this Christmas!

    x

    p.s. I am super jealous about how cute you manage to look in the Florida heat - I fully expect to look like a sweaty mess in all of my photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great photos, you are so smiley! :-) love the photo of you with your sister. Must have been fun visiting the countries and having lunch in Germany sounds perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great photos, you are so smiley! :-) love the photo of you with your sister. Must have been fun visiting the countries and having lunch in Germany sounds perfect x

    ReplyDelete