Orlando, Florida - Two visits to Islands of Adventure.

26.5.14

See my other Florida posts here!

As well as visiting Universal Studios twice we also visited Islands of Adventure twice, which is my favourite park (and now Jonathan's too!)

It's huge, split into different lands; Marvel Super Hero Island, Toon Lagoon, Jurassic Park, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The Lost Continent, and finally Seuss Landing (or first depending on which direction you go in when you enter the park).

Basically everyone heads to the Harry Potter section first because it's new and because it's awesome. Last time I visited Orlando in 2009 they were just building it so I was incredibly excited to see it for the first time. It didn't disappoint! I loved being in "Hogsmeade" drinking Butterbeer and looking at all the detail in the shop windows.



Inside Hogwarts castle you will find a ride called "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" which is like nothing else I've been on before so it's kind of hard to describe. I will say that it's utterly brilliant and my whole family loved it (even the second time when it temporarily broke down while we were flat on our backs!)

The attention to detail that Islands of Adventure does so well continues inside Hogwarts castle which is where you queue for this ride. You'll see Dumbledore in his office, talking portraits, and even Ron, Harry and Hermione up to no good in a Potions class.

Islands of Adventure is home to some of my all time favourites; Spiderman 3D, The Hulk rollercoaster, Jurassic Park River Adventure and Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls which is hilarious. You get soaked from head to toe which is great on a sunny day to cool down (as long as you don't mind having soggy knickers!)

It's good old fashioned grown up fun!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

14 comments:

  1. The Harry Potter world looks so brilliant - I hope you had a wonderful time!

    Beccy // Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this takes me back when i visited in Sept last year, I loved every thing about HP! Did you have frozen butter beer? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, Islands Of Adventure of Adventure looks like SO much fun! There are so many rides in this park that I can't wait to try out. I also can't wait to step into Hogsmeade - the attention to detail looks incredible and I love that it's snowy!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this was always my favourite park in Florida! I went in 2006 and had a brilliant time - the Hulk ride was definitely my favourite. I must admit, reading your posts on Florida makes me feel like it's perhaps time to return...! V X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Islands of Adventure is my favourite park- SO many good rides. Got completely soaked on all of the rides- the Popeye one is ridiculous!!

    Daisy x
    www.cupcakesandcherries.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw it looks like you had such a fab time! And PS I love that playsuit in the last pic :) xx

    Katy | www.littlemisskaty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time and the weather is perfect! I'm heading over next Easter and literally can't wait! Little London Girl x
    www.littlelondongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cat in the hat... Red fish, blue fish..

    Never seen hogwarts as it wasn't open when we went last.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cat in the hat... Red fish, blue fish..

    Never seen hogwarts as it wasn't open when we went last.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks amazing! And looks like you had a great time.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls is one of my favourite rides too; I definitely need another trip to America! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing! I've only been to Disneyland!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay...really wanna go to Florida now! So many fun parks to go to, time to go look into a future holiday hehe! x

    ReplyDelete