Orlando, Florida - Two visits to Magic Kingdom (including Wishes Fireworks).

29.5.14

Magic Kingdom is probably the main park you think of when you think about Florida. With Cinderella's castle, parades, fireworks, rides for young children and classics such as Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Pirates of the Caribbean it's a popular choice for all, young and old!

Popular is the word I'd use to sum up our first visit. My oh my, it was busy! Having been used to the fairly quiet Universal parks the Magic Kingdom queue times were a bit of a shock but luckily we arrived early and powered on to see as much as possible.


We managed to ride Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (my mum loves that one!), Splash Mountain (our longest queue of the day stood in the baking heat, ouch!), Big Thunder Mountain, It's A Small World (classic!), The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. We made good use of the Fast Pass system (which has now changed - you don't get a ticket on the entrance to each ride, you have to plan in advance!) and got straight on to Space Mountain when the queue was around 65 minutes. We also stopped for lunch and had a nosy round the shops including the Christmas shop which was ace.

We went back for a second visit on our last night to see the Electrical Parade and the Wishes Fireworks. Having been to Florida 5 times before but never staying up late enough to see the fireworks I was a tad excited!

The 6 of us split off into twos so Jonathan and I scoped out a good spot on Main Street and waited there for the parade to start. It was a great experience, if a little short, but our view was perfect and it was good fun seeing the characters and the impressive floats decked out in lights. Not long after the parade finished the light projection show and fireworks started.

Ahh the light show and fireworks were magical. Can I go back now?! :(


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

10 comments:

  1. Disney fireworks are by far the best ever. We were lucky enough to be there one Christmas when they practiced the New Year count down fireworks too.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always found Magic Kingdom to be the most popular when I've been too, we usually take the boat because the buses are so rammed.

    Can't believe those queue times, we always rush to the fastpass machines. Have to be careful with them though when it comes to timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip looks absolutely magical! I visited Disneyland Paris last year and it was so, so incredible, but Florida is so crazily big that I wish I could visit there as well! It's always so magical to go back to your childhood with Disney isn't it? I am very jealous!

    Imogen // imogenscribbles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magic Kingdom is exactly that, just pure magic. Sounds like you had a wonderful time Victoria, the fireworks and parade look beyond amazing x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can imagine that Disney probably put on a pretty awesome firework display!

    I've never been to any of the Disney parks. I've not done Florida either, so would love to do them both at some point.

    Victoria, x victoriachapman.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh, I am thinking of planning a trip to Florida next year and your posts just make me want to book it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to Disney FL when I was about 14. The electric parade and Wishes fireworks were definitely my highlight!! xx

    Katy | Little Miss Katy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy you blogged about The Magic Kingdom! This is definitely the park I'm looking forward to most - it just looks so, ahem, magical! I can't wait to see the parade and the fireworks, although a little nervous about the massive queues (I went to Alton Towers once during a heatwave and three rides broke down after waiting in the queue for about an hour each time - queues fill me with such apprehension now!).

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the main reasons we didn't go to Disneyland was because Space Mountain wasn't running and I wanted to take Steve on it since he's never been to Disney before. Fireworks and parade look fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Minnie Mouse ears, I'll definitely be getting some for myself when I go to Florida in September! Great post :)

    hollyinyourpocket.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete