Orlando, Florida - two visits to Universal Studios.

24.5.14

The next stop on our holiday was Universal Studios which is one of my favourite parks. With the addition of the Rip Ride Rockit rollercoaster there's now a really good mixture of rides and something for everyone.

Unfortunately the Jaws ride has closed since my last visit but it is making way for a new Harry Potter section which opens this Summer. We got a peek at the top of the buildings and it looks amazing. It will be the home to a Gringotts vault ride and a Hogwarts Express train that travels to the other park, Islands of Adventure!

All 6 of us visited Universal Studios on our first week then 4 of us went back another day towards the end of our holiday to ride a few of the rides again and, most importantly, pick up some Lard Lad donuts.


The Springfield area of the park is my favourite. There's a Kwik-E-Mart and Moe's Tavern. You get to meet the characters. You can buy Duff Beer and Lard Lad's. There's a food court where you can get Krusty Burgers. And there's The Simpsons ride which is good as long as you don't suffer from motion sickness!

I really enjoyed the Rip Ride Rockit rollercoaster which I rode for the first time. Before you set off you get to pick a song to have pumped into your ears as you go round. I opted for MC Hammer "U Can't Touch This" (classic) and had a whale of a time. At 1 minute and 45 seconds this is a long coaster, so you definitely get your money's worth!

The Transformers 3D ride deserves a mention. This was also new to us (however it is similar to the Spiderman 3D ride at Islands of Adventure) and we all loved it. The visuals were incredible and at times it was hard to work out how the whole thing was working. A really awesome experience! We headed to this ride first and only queued for 5 or 10 minutes. Result!

Other rides which are worth a visit are The Mummy, Men In Black Alien Attack, and the hilarious "Disaster!" which is a ride and general giggle rolled into one.

Have you been to Universal Studios Florida or any other Universal parks?


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. Oh this looks like so much fun! The ride where you can pick your own song is genius - I love your choice :)

    Beccy // Bluebell & Bumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The transformer ride opened for the first time last yr whilst we were there so as you can imagine the queue was lethal so we didn't bother with it. However now hearing its like spiderman im gutted I never went on it as spiderman was one of my faves!
    http://aworldfullofprettiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha the Springfield world looks so cool!! xx

    Katy | www.littlemisskaty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so much fun and makes me want to go back.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I remember when you were telling me how excited you were about going here! It's just the best, happiest place and it looks like you're having a fab time.

    Cx
    www.cocktailsandcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited about visiting Universal Studios, especially The Simpsons area! I'm also really looking forward to the Harry Potter rides - I hope the new section opens on time so I can check it out while I'm there. The Rip Ride Rockit rollercoaster looks pretty terrifying though! I think I'm definitely going to have to talk myself in to a few of these rides...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG the Lard Lad donuts are amazing!! I got one at universal but was too full from lunch to eat it so had it for a pre-breakfast snack the following day hehe! so good!! I also enjoyed the Transformers ride way more than thought I would went on it twice :-) xx

    ps. your hair looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete