Bike riding, bright white Converse and bums.

13.7.14

Hot weather fills me with fear. I absolutely despise getting my legs out because I despise my legs! Normally when it's warm I still throw on jeans or leggings to cover them up and then I feel more comfortable (albeit sweating like a pig) but as there was an element of physical activity involved in our plans yesterday I had to raid my summer clothes drawer and dust off a pair of shorts.

We headed out in the blazing sunshine to run a few errands before meeting up with friends and heading to Clumber Park for a bike ride. The last time I went on a bike ride I was probably about 12 years old, cycling in the local woods with my friend, so you could say I was rather nervous.


I couldn't keep in a straight line for the first half an hour, it was rather amusing (for everyone else more than me), but then I got into the swing of things and it was actually quite peaceful cycling round such pretty surroundings, picking up a bit of speed and feeling the warm air on my skin. I don't think I'll be buying a bike any time soon but I'd definitely go back to Clumber Park and hire a bike for a couple of hours.

I have wanted a pair of white Converse for ages so I finally ordered a pair of Chuck Taylor's recently (c/o Sarenza) and gave them their first outing yesterday. I want them to stay bright white forever but we all know that's not likely to happen.

My ace watermelon shorts are for Primark and were a firm favourite in Florida. They're such a great fit. I like that they're high waisted but still cover up my bits and bobs (nobody sane wants their bum cheeks hanging out do they?!) My tee is from Mango and my sunnies are prescription Ray Bans from Vision Express. Pug bum is models own ;)

I hope you've had some sunshine this weekend wherever you are!


 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

12 comments:

  1. I love your little shorts! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Watermelon Shorts, can't believe they're from Primark! I wanted my white Converse to stay bright white too but that never happened aha! Lily & Lola are looking cute as always (:

    L x

    www.loulabeth.co.uk // bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these photos, those shorts are amazing too!
    Gorgeous girls xx

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Envious of your pins! You should get them out more often, the more you see something the more you become to used to it (or so they say).

    Ohhellojo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel exactly the same about my legs! Mine never seem to get any colour so have to resort to tanning creams hehe.

    Gemma xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those watermelon shorts are to die for! Just adorable, almost as cute as the two puggers sat next to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shouldn't feel the need to cover your legs, I see nothing wrong with them and those shorts look fab on you :)
    Sounds like a lovely day, I plan on climbing on a bike next month and am expecting the same experience haha, lovely photos.

    Belle x Part of Belle's world

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shorts I saw these a while back and should have snapped them up, they make your legs look fab.

    Kate x

    www.whatkatedidnext92.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loveeeee these shorts ! So perfect for summer

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shorts. And a word of warning, if you liked clumber and thought you'd head back with the pugalugs, don't. My dad tells me there is a strange dog sickness going round there :( x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would kill for your legs! Can't see nothing wrong with them at all hehe. Love the shorts too! I really want some white converse too - after a new pair as my green ones are pretty much ripped to shreds. Perhaps a pay day treat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have AMAZING pins girl! I wish they were mine! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete