Sunshine and Sangria.

28.7.14

Saturday was one of those days where you sit back and think "aaaah, isn't this lovely?" I don't get to see my sister and her husband very often as they live on the Isle of Man but they were back for a flying visit at the weekend to pick up a new car so they came to see us on Saturday for lunch. My mum and dad drove over from Leeds so the six of us spent the afternoon eating, drinking and catching up in our back garden in the glorious sunshine.

Jonathan made burgers with a mozzarella middle and cooked them on the BBQ. I was on crisps and dips duty, made a big salad and some halloumi kebabs, and made sure everyone was full of Sangria, beer or soft drinks (for the drivers).


Lily and Lola sat patiently under the table waiting for scraps of food to be dropped. Ever the optimists.

My mum is known for making delicious puddings and came armed with a berry pavlova (which was out of this world!) and an amaretto dark chocolate torte which was so rich and creamy. I had a slice of each. Would be rude not to, right?


After food, cake, a brew and a few games it was just me and Jonathan and a mound of washing up. How we managed to use every plate, utensil and piece of cutlery in our kitchen I will never know.

I hope you all had a good one and the sun shone for you?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

20 comments:

  1. Loving the photos of Lily & Lola! Sounds like a pretty perfect Saturday. Any plans for a guest post from Jonathan on the recipe for the mozzarella burgers? :) x

    adifferentcolour.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot to ask him after you posted this comment but if we make them again we will definitely share. I say "we" as though I contribute in any way, hehe ;-)

      Delete
  2. looks like you had a lovely weekend, those dogs are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos of the girls! sounds like a perfect day...next time you have a bbq and sangria I'm coming over ! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your BBQ looks lovely, plus the photos of Lily & Lola are ADORABLE.

    journalofjarvis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh those pugs are adorable ! The tongue out pictures are just hilarious

    Madeline | Its a Mads Mads World

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like an idyllic weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily and Lola absolutely make me die! Such absolute cuties!

    Cx
    www.cocktailsandcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like the perfect BBQ. Everything sounds fab. Must try mozzarella stuffed burgers. Did you use any sort of burger press?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the photos of Lily & Lola! So funny and cute!
    Sounds like you had a lovely afternoon. You can't beat halloumi! I had a BBQ Saturday too, at my friend's 30th. He had a bungee run there too, so I'm feeling a bit achy at the moment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a lovely weekend. The pavlova sounds amazing! And sangria is always a winner :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely way to enjoy the sunshine, love a good BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been an avid reader of yours for a while now, I was drawn to you by your gorgeous pugs I must admit. I love reading the story you posted when you adopted Lily and Lola, that was such an incredibly kind thing to do.

    I haven't checked in for a while now but it's great to see how well they look, and you look amazing yourself! Your BBQ looked delicious.

    Keep doing what you do x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a sweet comment <3 x

      Delete
  13. This sounds like such a perfect weekend! I would definitely have had a slice of each dessert as well...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a lovely day! I am yet to try Halloumi, what was you recommend I have it with?

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BBQ it on skewers with some peppers and courgette. Yummy!

      Delete
  15. those are probably the most adorable dogs i've ever seen!!!
    Caroline
    http://caromajaro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete