#cheatmeal (Twisted Burger Company).

1.8.14

Recently I have tried to have less of a cheat-weekend-where-I-don't-stop-stuffing-my-face to just having one or two cheat meals a week. So far so good (sort of). I find it easy to be healthy through the week when I'm at work but weekends are when we tend to eat out, have friends over, see family, and it all goes to pot.

After our cycling expedition a few weeks ago we thought about driving to my home city, Leeds, for some dinner but our legs were too weary so we settled on somewhere in Sheffield. Then we remembered Twisted Burger Company at The Harley. We have been twice before so we knew it was a safe bet.

First and foremost, a shout-out to our waitress who was ever so lovely and friendly. But the food was on top form as usual. We tried something new and went for the Jalepeno Business Fries which involve all the toppings you would find on nachos but with french fries instead of tortilla chips. They were out of this world. We shared a big basket of them and I could have ordered another one!


I went for the burger that I always go for.. the 'Return of the Mac'. A pork patty in a brioche bun with a generous helping of mac and cheese (I can feel my arteries furring up just thinking about it but it tastes so damn good!) I really don't know how people can like Ed's Diner when there are places like this around. If you are local and haven't been, what are you waiting for? :)

We were seriously stuffed by this point but there's always room for something sweet, so we stopped off at Sainsbury's for a couple of Gu puds which we devoured at home, on the sofa, with a big cup of tea. Bliss!


What's your favourite 'cheat' meal?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

15 comments:

  1. Those fries look amazing! I'm feeling hungry now! But think I'll be having a green smoothie for my breakfast - cheat meal last night for me, and I'm out for lunch with my friend today (luckily it's tofu noodles so not toooo bad!).
    I love Ed's Diner, but mainly because of their milkshakes and sweet potato fries. Being a vegetarian, it's pretty hard for me to find decent food in places like this but I'm always willing to try! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked my milkshake at Ed's but was really disappointed with the chips. They were like McCain oven chips! And Jonathan's pulled pork burger had about 3 slithers of pork in. We would have preferred a McDonalds :-(

      Yes good veggie food is so hard to find! I always struggled with finding good places to try.

      Delete
  2. I love The Harley, never a let down when it comes to food. I think their burgers may be one of my favourites in Sheffield. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes definitely, same here. They're so good! x

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing! I think my fave cheat meal has to be Mexican or something like that although I can pretty much guarantee that I'll love it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't beat Mexican. Enchiladas always go down a treat in our house. Yum!

      Delete
  4. You've just made me starving and it's almost 11pm! The food looks absolutely delicious, I've been reading your weight loss journey and you've done so well.

    My favourite cheat meal is from a local place called Noodle Nation, I always order Chicken Udon (which is chicken, lots of veg and thick noodles). Not to mention the spring rolls of course!

    I hope you and the pugs are well :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken veg and noodles sounds lovely and not too naughty. The Pugs are well, thanks for asking!

      I'm glad you liked my weight loss story. I have put a few pounds on recently so I shall be working hard over the next few weeks to lose them again :-)

      Delete
  5. Those fries look incredible - I am practically drooling looking at that photograph! I also love that you bought deserts to eat at home with a cup of tea - I've done that before and it is such a lovely way to end an evening out. It's the simple things, eh? :)

    For cheat meals I think you can't beat a burger and chips. There are so many different places to try in Glasgow that even as a vegetarian I have plenty of choice. I went out to a new Mexican restaurant last night though and it was incredible - lots of different little plates of street food to share around the table and watermelon margaritas. Yum!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watermelon margaritas? Well they sound incredible!!

      Delete
  6. OMG, these photos made me drooling haha :)
    And my favourite cheat meals are chocolate & pizza. soo unhealthy
    xx, Marina and my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a really good pizza. I love a good 4 cheeser!

      Delete
  7. This burger looks INCREDIBLE. LIKE I'VE JUST FINISHED MY LUNCH BUT IT'S ALREADY MAKING ME WANT TO EAT THIS RIGHT NOW! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok Im officially hungry and in need of a burger.... xx

    djinofecstasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete