Sorrento - part 1 (our hotel/jetty, Amalfi and Positano).

7.10.14

We recently spent a week in Sorrento which feels like a million years ago thanks to the wet and wild weather we're experiencing in South Yorkshire at the moment, so I thought I would share some of my photos to cheer myself up.

One of Jonathan's very good friends was getting married in Sorrento so we, along with some other couples we know, spent a week there to take in the sights and, of course, attend the wedding!

Our hotel was lovely with stunning views out to sea. I don't think I could ever get bored of sitting on the terrace for breakfast or lunch and looking out at all the boats. It was particularly beautiful at night. We had our own private jetty where we had a couple of relaxing afternoons in the sunshine and a bob in the sea.


We did a few day trips during our holiday, the first one being a boat trip to Positano and Amalfi. Approaching them from the water was absolutely breathtaking. The buildings built into the hills, the stunning colours and the clouds rolling down over the top of the hills made for some stunning photos. I must have taken a hundred photos of the same stretch of land!

We had some free time to explore both places, and had a particularly treacherous bus journey from one to the other along tiny windy roads at about 80mph! We looked in the shops, tried the ice cream, stopped for lunch, and explored as many nooks and crannies as we could before heading back to the port for the boat home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

11 comments:

  1. Sorrento just looks so beautiful! It's on my "must visit" list x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh *squeal* it all looks so beautiful! Makes me miss Italy so much! I spent five and a half months there in total and I still feel as though there is much more to see! You look stunning too! <3

    Alix // Oui Je T'aime Aussi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so beautiful :) Love your skirt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers what an incredible place. Have never been to sorrento but after these pics it's certainly been added to my bucket list. It seems everyone is getting married abroad. We've just come back from a wedding in greece. Beats rainy britain I suppose :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so beautiful! And love your outfit.

    Lizzy at Nomad Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It looks beautiful and the private jetty sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to go to Sorrento! I'm so jealous!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, I'd love to visit. Gorgeous photos.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such gorgeous pictures, I would love to visit Italy one day! Love your skirt by the way :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous photos! I've never been to Italy before, but maybe one day in the future I will :)

    Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, Sorrento looks absolutely breathtaking. The landscape and architecture are so beautiful. I hope your friends had a wonderful wedding - they certainly picked a wonderful part of the world for it!

    x

    p.s. you look so relaxed and gorgeous in this post!

    ReplyDelete