Saturday stroll: Meersbrook Park.

21.3.15

On a Saturday afternoon I always get a bit of a slump where I feel sluggish and tired (probably something to do with being woken up by the dogs so damn early and the effects of my morning coffees wearing off) and this usually results in a nap. Today after having a little snooze on the sofa I decided to put my trainers on, grab my camera and pop some headphones in and make the most of the light and dry weather.
 
As I live smack-bang next to Meersbrook Park this seemed like the obvious choice so that's exactly where I went. I had a nosy at Bishop's House, which I will go inside at some point, which has been standing since the Fifteenth (!) century. I had a wander round the park and through the trees, looked up at the sky, took some deep breaths and climbed some particularly steep hills to make my way back home.
 
 
I only walked for just under 2 miles but I felt so good afterwards and managed to get a few good photos out of it. Sometimes a bit of fresh air can do us the world of good can't it? Lately there have been days where I feel sad or lonely but a good friend told me going for a walk and looking up at the sky can solve a multitude of problems, and she was right!

Sadly Lily and Lola's little legs can't keep up on long walks like this so for now it's just me and my Spotify playlists.


Where do you go when you need some headspace?

 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 

14 comments:

  1. These photos are great! I love walking through the woods or at the beach when I'm feeling down.

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach is my happy place, a walk on the sand always puts me in a good mood. Also watching a lot of The Hills makes me super happy :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, lovely post! Meersbrook is probably one of our most frequented local parks, I used to work in Bishops House until I had Emilia so I have such a soft spot for it and know the park like the back of my hand! I know the house isn't run by MS anymore but I am pretty sure they still let dogs in at the weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous area! Sadly, we don't have many gorgeous local attractions like that near here, but I love to go hiking. We have so many nature paths around and it feels like you could walk for hours and never get bored. I love a good walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! Unfortunately I don't have many good walks near me, but I love taking a stroll along the Southbank to clear my head!

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had somewhere to escape to, I have a small wood next to my house but it leads straight on to an open rugby field and there is nothing to look at haha. I love popping my tunes on and having a stroll though xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures. The Bishop's house looks amazing and it's a museum, how nice.

    Anca @ ancaslifestyle | UK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! It's nice sometimes to get out and explore by yourself - I now live right next to Greenwich Park which is the perfect spot to watch London from a distance!

    Bxx
    www.b-jolly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely photos, it looks like such a beautiful place. I usually try and go for a walk in a nearby park, but of course with music too.

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty place to take a walk! xo

    Eatlovemerry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to Sheffield with my friend on Sunday with the intent of getting some nice pictures, but didn't even get my camera out. I think sometimes a nice walk can just be the thing to sort yourself out. It's nice that you get to live so close to a park!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photographs, Victoria. The bird artwork on the side of the house is so pretty! I agree that a long walk in the fresh air can do our hearts and minds the world of good.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is amazing! I really like it! I know how much time it requires, but you did a really good job! Keep doing it!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, those birds on the side of the wall are truly stunning, what a marvellous addition. Although I hope the people living in the house were okay with it!

    ReplyDelete