Banana, Cinnamon and Almond crumble.

5.4.15

Yesterday I had a bash at making one of Deliciously Ella's crumbles (recipe here!) because I had all of the ingredients to hand, bar the nuts which I popped out to get, and because I was craving dessert in a big way. I LOVE crumble so I wasn't sure how a healthy version would turn out but I was really impressed.
It was really easy to make the crumble topping and the base is just chopped bananas with cinnamon sprinkled over the top. The recipe stated 5 bananas but I stopped after 4 because it looked enough, but I definitely should have added that last one to give a better base/topping ratio. It took a little longer to cook than the 20 minutes stated and the topping didn't go as brown as I wanted but I was really impressed with my first attempt.
I had a taste straight away (because I'm impatient) then another taste after it had cooled and it was definitely better the second time. It held together better and all the flavours came through. I loved the taste of the coconut oil coming through.
It's hard to believe there's nothing naughty in it!
It's a perfect "normal" crumble substitute and I would definitely make it again because it's so easy. I had some with cream and some with custard because I couldn't figure out a healthy topping and you can't have crumble on its own. There's some sort of law against that kind of thing :)
Happy Easter everyone! x

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. Oh yum, this looks delicious! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! Hope you have a lovely peaceful easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that looks SO delicious!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try this recipe for ages! Looks so yummy! X

    www.kathandcake.com

    ReplyDelete