Cake on a cake, sleepy Pugs and family time.

1.4.15

Last weekend I went to stay with my folks for the whole weekend in Leeds and it was JUST what I needed. A bit of lazy time, a catch up with my mum and lots of comfort eating!
 
We went for lunch in Headingley on the Saturday and had a nosy round the shops. It has changed so much since I was last there. I had heard of Love Rouge Bakery beforehand so I knew I would have to stop by to pick up a couple of cupcakes (one battenburg, one lemon. Mine (the battenburg) was delicious!) I also had lots of fun trying on some vintage delights in the Sue Ryder charity shop. If I lived locally I imagine I would be in there rather a lot.
 
My parents have got 3 dogs so it's always nice to take them out along the canal with Lily and Lola in tow. Lily and Lola ADORE my mum and it's cute, if a little bit annoying, that they do everything possible to walk alongside my mum even when I'm holding their leads. I do feel a bit offended but it's nice to have a break from having two shadows following me round for a couple of days.
 
A visit to see my parents wouldn't be complete without a roast dinner with all the trimmings and lots and lots of cups of tea.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time. These photos of the pugs are adorable!
    Leanne x
    My new blog post... 1 pair of jeans, 3 ways to style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cried laughing at the shot of the puglet with his little tongue out and his legs all akimbo! Funny how dogs gravitate to one particular person. Not ashamed to say my cousin's dog is a bit obsessed with me. Sits for hours with his head in my lap. Too cute! Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely pictures! Really want a pug in my life, too cute x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a lovely time! That's so cute how the dogs love your mum, mine is obsessed with my mum too! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful in this post Victoria! Weekends with Mums and pets are always the best, right? Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cupcakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute are those pugs! Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cupcakes look great. Lily and Lola are so sweet, love them <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a really lovely weekend! The cupcakes look delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Leeds, it's the best for vintage shops! Weekends with parents are the best when we get older.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a lovely weekend. That cake looks amazing, what a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummm hello this pug is cute! I have never heard of battenburg... I am going to google it now lol.
    I am new to your blog! Looking forward to reading more!
    -S
    twentywho.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the first photo - you look so happy Victoria, you're such an inspiration. I really don't spend enough time visiting my parents, it's really odd because I find it hard going back to visit them (in Rotherham), but I do need to make it a long time priority. x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lily and Lola are so, so adorable! Every time you post a new photograph of them I want to squeal - look at their wee, squishy faces!

    x

    ReplyDelete