Jameson's Cafe & Tea Rooms - Sheffield.

15.4.15

Last Saturday my friend and I visited Jameson's Café & Tea Rooms in Sheffield, somewhere I heard about a while ago and had been dying to visit. The words "afternoon tea" and "cake tapas" are music to my ears so I was really excited to visit for some tasty treats.
 
We planned to get the standard afternoon tea but my friend had the "Now Then" app which meant we could get the slightly fancier "splendid" afternoon tea for the same price as the standard one - result! This meant better sandwich fillings, lemon curd with our scones and jam/cream, a "posh pop" soft drink and some chocolates.

The selection of cakes was huge! I tend to panic when given lots of choice so I opted for the raspberry and white chocolate cake and my friend went for the Malteser cake, but I definitely missed a trick and wish I had tried the Pimms cake. Alcohol + cake = two of my favourite things!

We were incredibly full by the end. Top buttons were undone and everything. We both agreed we would go back for the cake tapas or another afternoon tea. I would quite like to get the option that comes with Prosecco next time. Why the hell not! :)

 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

15 comments:

  1. That all looks soo delicious!!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently went here with my mum and wish I'd checked the Time Out app now! I loved the raspberry and white chocolate but it was so difficult to decide - cake tapas is definitely the way forward.
    http://www.kathandcake.com/2015/03/belated-mothers-day-afternoon-tea.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, this all looks so good! And cake tapas sounds like my idea of heaven! x

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that all looks delicious! I definitely need to visit if I ever to go Sheffield.

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious, thanks for sharing! x

    Under Blue Lights

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love Jameson's! I'm so sad I didn't spot you, will have to keep my peepers open in future. We had the splendid too, which was just the most delicious. Yum! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pimms cake sounds awesome! I do the same and panic when there's too much choice! Looks delicious nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So weird, I was there Saturday as well! And got this exact afternoon tea. It was my first time, but I think I'll definitely be back, everything was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh the cakes looks delicious, cake tapas sounds right up my street! ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Malteaser cake?? Say whaaaa.....that sounds amazing! I should go for cream teas more often :)

    Lorna // Scared Toast

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely need to take a trip here next time I'm in Sheffield! Maltesar cake sounds amazing!

    Jess / Jess Who

    ReplyDelete
  12. White chocolate and raspberry cake sounds incredible. As a Maltesers addict I'd definitely have wanted a slice of that too! There is nothing better than spending an afternoon enjoying tea, cake and good conversation with a friend. And you know the afternoon tea is good when you need to unbutton your jeans afterwards!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This place is one of my favourites - although I think frequent visits for cake tapas over the winter might be one of the reasons my jeans don't fit properly now. That white choc and raspberry cake is truly awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for the tip on the Now Then app, I've downloaded it and told so many people about it. Yet to actually use it but hopefully its first outing will be at Jameson's, which I think is becoming quite the shefftown hotspot! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cakes look yummy.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete