Isle of Man May/June 2015 - the Instagrams.

4.6.15

I just returned from a 5 day trip to stay with my sister and brother in law in Peel, on the Isle of Man where they have lived for the last few years. My sister is pregnant so it was great to see her and the bump and it was just what I needed to recharge my batteries. It's amazing what a few days off work, lots of fresh air, coffee and cake, shopping, oh and a nose piercing(!) can do.
 
Just a short stroll from their house is the beach and some amazing views out to sea so every day we took a long walk with their dogs, Snowy and Peanut. I tested out some local ice cream on one of the strolls and fell in love with the Turkish Delight flavour. SO good!
 
My sister and I visited the Rest Home for Old Horses and Donkeys and made a few friends by feeding some of the friendly/curious ones. Our favourite was a particularly old chap who hobbled over to us to see what all the fuss was about. We had planned to go to the cat sanctuary too but it was closed so we'll save that for my next trip which will hopefully be in a month or two!

  
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time! The cake looks delicious too and now I'm craving some even though its not even 9am oops!

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really lovely trip! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to the Isle of Man, it looks really nice there - definitely need to explore the UK more as there's so many places I haven't been to! x

    http://www.curiouser-and-curiouser.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a super time! I've always wanted to visit some of our little isles like the Isle of Man! x

    LittleGlitter.org

    ReplyDelete