Life lately.

19.7.15

Life has taken a dramatic turn since my last update. I guess a lot can happen in a month! After a phone call with my sister where she told me to stop giving myself such a hard time I changed my attitude a bit then whaddyaknow, bit by bit my luck came in and, although my life is by no means perfect, it's pretty damn good right now!

Where to start...

After finding myself single at 30 with no single friends I dabbled with online dating for a little while which turned out to be a disaster but it did wonders for my confidence, which is a good thing because that meant when my old manager asked if she could set me up with (hang on let me get this right) her husband's brother's wife's brother I decided to go for it. By this point I was a bit of a first date pro and thought I had nothing to lose!

I didn't really know what to expect but I knew the second I saw him he would turn out to be pretty special, and boy was I right! I am going to keep him to myself a little bit longer as it's still early days, but I'm sure you'll see him gracing the pages of LLL in the not too distant future. It's fair to say I am one happy chappy right now!


After searching high and low for a place to live that would accept dogs I finally found somewhere. It's not perfect by any means but it's in a nice area and it's just the right size for me and Lily and Lola. So after 6 months of living with my friend it's time to move on. I get my keys on Saturday which is very exciting but also a tad terrifying! I have only lived on my own once before and I can't say I'm looking forward to sorting all the bills and things, but I am excited at the prospect of trips to Dunelm Mill and Ikea!

Lily and Lola are turning into little old ladies, getting very grey and very slow, which breaks my heart every day. As much as they make me crazy waking me up at 6am and terrorising the neighbourhood by barking at everyone and everything, I can't imagine my life without them. I've had 7 1/2 years with them so they've always been the one constant in my life when other things have been up and down.

I'm looking forward to getting them settled into their new home which is still fairly close to Meersbrook Park, so they will be pleased that they can continue their reign of terror.


I've been making the most of living next to a park and recently got back into jogging again. I gave up on it last time because I either ended up having a panic attack, shin splints or horrendous stomach ache/sickness, but something is different this time. I go first thing on a morning, every other day if I can, and instead of using apps to build it up I just set off and run for as long as I can.

I have always wanted to be able to run 5k non stop but I thought it would never happen in a million years. Well, after a couple of weeks of this new routine I ran 5k non stop! Then a week later I managed 6k non stop! I'm over the moon because, touch wood, I seem to have my breathing under control and my stomach hasn't been giving me any trouble. Next goal, 10k!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

27 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling happy again Victoria!
    I've just moved into my own place too, and like you say the bills etc aren't fun, but the decorating and shopping side of things is so exciting :)
    Tor x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you are feeling happier!! You deserve it :)xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased to read this hun :-) you deserve to be happy. I need to work on my running, I can run but I can't do 5k non stop, I'll try the just keep running approach! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad exciting times are yours.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear things are going so well in your life! :) You deserve such happiness! Here's to more good luck!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great you found a place for you and the girls, I hope they settle fast. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blog post to read... you sound so light hearted and happy :)
    You have given Lily & Lola a wonderful life and they are loyal companions - enjoy every day with each other xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so pleased to hear you're doing well and that you've found a new place to live. I wish you the best of luck with everything. We must get 'round to having a coffee soon.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy to hear things are on the up for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been reading your blog for a few years now and have recently been going through a similar situation to yours. Your blog has helped me so much over the past few weeks and reading this today has really given me hope for the future. So happy for you that things are looking up and I hope they carry on doing so. Best of luck with your move :) Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to hear everything is looking good - its incredible how things all fall into place just when you think they mightnt! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to read that things are working out for you! Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to read that things are on the up and you sound so happy!! Life has a funny way of working itself out xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy that things are on the up lovely!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy for you Victoria :) You deserve all the happiness in the world xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved this life update. Im glad everything is falling into place!

    Leanne

    Fancy read? Check out my latest post Very important festival essentials.. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Victoria, I'm so pleased to read that things are on the up for you! You keep on doing you, you're doing great! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad that things are falling into place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a lovely update - so glad that things are on the up! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ive only just found your blog and have spent the past 2 days reading your whole blog. i have loved reading it and I'm so glad this last post i read was a happy one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Im so happy for you. Things sound pretty good for you right now. we'll have to arrange a meersbrook meet up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a lovely update, I am so pleased for you. I find myself currently in the same situation as you were last year and it's hard, especially the stigma of single at 30 for a girl.

    So so happy for you and wish you all of the best with your new home and new man xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Victoria it makes me so happy to read this. Exciting times ahead of you. Over the moon for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been reading your blog for years and I'm so happy for you Victoria, you look gorgeous in the first picture!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post and good to hear about the running. Achieving 6k is awesome and you are absolutely right, 10k is not far away! I recently wrote a post about acheiving new running/mileage goals - you'll be at half marathon in no time!

    https://www.millyvoice.uk/training/2015/08/getting-your-head-around-your-legs-you-can-run/

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so satisfied to listen to you're doing well and that you've discovered a new position to stay. You are entitled to such happiness! Here's to more excellent luck! http://www.ahealthdiary.com/search/label/BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete