October round-up and goals for November.

4.11.15

October 2015 will be remembered as the month I spent my time either in bed or on the sofa watching telly, which was just about all I could manage as I was still feeling the effects of glandular fever. Lifting a book to read or doing work on my cross stitching projects was too much. Pretty pants really! However, the end of October saw my health improve slightly and my energy levels increase and although I'm not going to be running a marathon any time soon I can manage my housework and walking the dogs on my own again, so hurrah for that!

I've given myself a bit of a hard time about not blogging and whenever I have sat down to write I've been side-tracked by other blogs with better photos and more readers and felt like my own blog is rubbish in comparison. I was close to closing it down a couple of times, but then I thought HEY, you know what, I haven't blogged because I haven't had much to blog about. I've spent the past few months living in jogging bottoms and hoodies, watching Netflix and eating bread, and that's okay! Whenever I have blogged I've probably bored you with my woes of being unwell, but I'm afraid that's life. It's not all hazy filters and sparkles, and that's okay too. So please bear with me. I promise this corner of the internet will be more consistent and less moany very soon!


As a side note I'm ALL about gerbera flowers at the moment. I like to have a couple of vases of them dotted around the house. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to arranging flowers nicely so I welcome their lack of leaves and thorns and whatnot. Plus they're so colourful and brighten my mood when I see them. I get mine from Aldi for £2 a bunch!

My main goal for November is to start exercising again, just something gentle and easy until I can build up to my old workout routine and go out jogging again. For now I am sticking to walking and housework until my energy levels go up again. I can't wait to go out running and get back on track with my goals to run 10k without stopping.

I also want to blog more, which I think will come naturally when I'm out and about doing more with my time and I have the energy to wear something that isn't pyjamas or loungewear. I have roped Paul in to be my outfit photographer, Lily and Lola are on standby with their Christmas outfits and I have loads of ideas for things to ramble about and share with you.

Other than that I will be making a dent in my Christmas shopping and wrapping, catching up with friends, seeing my beautiful baby niece Mabel, supporting my boyfriend's band who have a busy month with lots of gigs, and enjoying life again!

 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear you're on the mend again, Victoria! And also happy you're not going to close down Lily Loves Lola - your blog is one of my favourites and I'd be genuinely sad if you stopped writing. I'd miss reading about what you've been up to and seeing the little faces of Lily and Lola!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog, so am really pleased you're not closing it. It's one of my favourites as it feels so honest and true to real life - which includes the ups and the downs.

    I'm looking forward to reading the new posts you have planned and, of course, to seeing Lily and Lola in their Christmas outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you are feeling a little better - listen to your body & don't push too far, too fast so that you don't relapse xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  4. yey I'm so so glad your back! I hope you feel back to your normal self soon!! I love your blog, I can't believe i have only just realised that you have been posting!! I'm all caught up now though! Dont worry about being hard on yourself for not exercising. I used to go crazy at myself when I didn't exercise every single day then I realised, as long as i'm generally active, run few times a week, go spinning etc I don't need to be so hard on myself, and yes eat the ice cream ,and bingo on Netflix all weekend. its all about balance!:) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nooooo you can´t close down your blog! it´s great and refreshingly honest. You´re right, life isn´t a series of photoshopped pics on hol etc.... keep going and get well soon! xx

    ReplyDelete