Christmas 2015.

28.12.15

December 2015 has been just wonderful. Paul and I had our 'faux' Christmas Day on the 20th and, even though it was a Sunday and I had work the following day, it felt like a completely legit Christmas Day. It was ace! We swapped presents in the morning, cooked a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, wrapped up warm and took the dogs on a walk, and fell asleep on the sofa after dinner from all the festive food and fizz! It was perfect.

For the actual Christmas Day I was away to spend time with family. I sailed off to the Isle of Man on the 22nd until the 27th where I stayed with my sister and her husband, and my gorgeous baby niece. I got the ferry over with my parents which was an experience in itself but I just about managed to keep my lunch down!

I loved spending such a long stretch of time with my niece, and it was nice to be with family soaking in all the Christmas telly and going on lots of long walks with the pram. My sister and her husband went to so much effort to host a nice family Christmas. There was so much food/drink!

I am not back to work until the 4th of January so the plans for the remainder of my break are to spend time with Paul and the Pugs, relaxing as much as possible to shake off the last of this glandular fever. I've got a new book to get through, some cross stitching to finish, television to watch, and chocolates to plough through. Happy holidays indeed!




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

7 comments:

  1. Is it bad I could totally eat a full Christmas dinner again?! It's my favourite meal of all time!
    Sophie
    x
    A Story of a Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is perfectly acceptable. Roasts are the best! xx

      Delete
  2. nice pictures ! Looks like you had a good one :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your Christmas was wonderful! :)

    Renee | Lose the Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw it looks like such a fun, chilled Christmas Victoria! Hope you're finally feeling a bit more like yourself after the glandular fever episode xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I'm craving another Christmas dinner after looking at the photograph of yours - they're just so bloomin' tasty! I think I might have a roast potato addiction.

    It sounds like you've had a lovely Christmas holiday so far - I love that you had a faux Christmas, such a nice idea to have a more intimate Christmas just the two of you (and a good way to squeeze in an extra Christmas dinner!).

    I hope you, Paul and the pugs enjoy the rest of your holiday!

    x

    ReplyDelete