Life lately (brunch, babies and special baubles).

5.12.15

I love this time of year as it brings lots of festive nights out and cosy nights in. I've had a busy few weeks with lots more plans to squeeze in between now and the 22nd when I go to the Isle of Man for Christmas. I'm starting to feel fairly back to normal health wise (hurrah!) but I am conscious that I don't want to overdo it too much as I need to fit some exercise into my routine again at some point, and the way things are going I just don't have the time to! So tonight I am relaxing with the Pugs, a cup of tea and the telly and I may do a workout in the morning depending on how I feel when I wake up.
 
Last weekend was bloody wonderful. Not only did I get to see my gorgeous baby niece, Mabel, and my sister and brother in law (who were visiting from the Isle of Man) for a big family lunch but Paul had a rare weekend off so we managed to squeeze in some brunch, some Christmas shopping and I went to watch his band play (they're called Black Thunder Revue - you should check them out on Spotify if you're on there!)
 
 
Last Tuesday saw me and a couple of work friends go for a long overdue catch up, heading to Bill's in Sheffield for the first time. After a few drinks, an EPIC buttermilk chicken burger each and a good chinwag we headed home feeling full and fully up to date on each other's lives. It had been far too long since our last night out!
 
We decorated our Christmas tree last Wednesday evening (a real tree, at Paul's. I'm not bothering with one at my flat - bah humbug! ;)) and we had a perfect evening together combining our bauble collections, adding a couple of new ones; a delightfully tacky but wonderful fox that Paul picked up from Liberty of London when he had a flying visit to London last week, and a personalised bauble I got for us from a brilliant shop called Toasted Glass.
 
Once the tree was finished we settled down on the sofa with a bottle of cava and It's A Wonderful Life on the telly which is guaranteed to make me bawl my eyes out. I'm SO excited about our faux Christmas day on the 20th, it is going to be amazing!
 
 
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this burger looks extremely yummy and you have adorable pets :)
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the personalised bauble - that's gorgeous!! <3

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first Christmas in years that I'm NOT going home to the Isle of Man for christmas! Love the blog x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever put my Xmas tree up (I only have one of those teeny two foot ones) and I've lived at my flat eight years.

    ReplyDelete