Current beauty favourites (Burt's Bees, Bumble & Bumble, Pro-voke, Lush, Soap & Glory, Clinique).

3.1.16

Burt's Bees almond and milk hand cream
This little beauty has to go at the top of this list. I got this hand cream for Christmas, in a gift-set with a lip balm, and I was really excited to use it having not tried much from Burt's Bees before. I get through hand cream like nobody's business due to my extremely dry hands as a result of excessive hand washing. I even have prescription eczema cream that I use when things get really bad, but this hand cream blows that out of the water. It leaves my hands feeling super soft, it banishes the dry patches between my fingers, it lasts for ages even through hand washing, and it smells frickin' amazing! 10/10!


LUSH 'Santa' lip scrub
It's probably slightly redundant including this item in my list because I assume it's only available in the run up to Christmas BUT it's worth keeping it in mind when it rolls around at the end of this year. I have tried a Lush lip scrub before but found it a little dry, however the formula of the Santa version seems much improved. It's cola flavoured which is just yum. I use this after doing my make-up to get rid of any foundation on my lips then I pop a lip balm on over the top and the end result is a lovely-looking pout!


Bumble & Bumble Invisible Oil shampoo
I got through a couple of bottles of this shampoo when it was first released and I loved it. I love the Invisible Oil oil/serum so I had high hopes for the shampoo and conditioner - I wasn't disappointed. It leaves my hair feeling really clean, without feeling too 'stripped', and the lengths feel smoother and sleeker. It also leaves my colour looking fresh, even though it's not a colour preserving shampoo. I got a fresh bottle of this shampoo and the conditioner for Christmas - hurrah! I will be making it last as it's not cheap! But it's definitely worth it.

This is by far the best purple shampoo I have used for my blonde highlights. My blonde colour can easily start to look 'warm' instead of the cool white tones I prefer, but leaving this shampoo on for 5 to 10 minutes once a week brings the colour back to how I like it. I find purple shampoos quite drying but this one isn't too bad, as long as I use a good moisturising conditioner afterwards. It's only a few quid and well worth it!


Soap & Glory 'Love at First Blush' blusher
I acquired this by chance when I bought a couple of bits from Soap & Glory and received a free gift containing this blusher. It has ended up becoming a firm favourite of mine, and I use it every day. I have received a couple of nice compliments while wearing it as it gives me such a nice glow. I am rather happy I discovered this by accident! It's definitely the best blusher I have tried.

This is my all time favourite mascara, which I discovered earlier this year when my friend recommended it to me. I have got quite small eyes and stubby lashes so any mascaras with a big wand leave me with mascara all over my eye lids. Not a good look! The High-Lengths mascara has a small comb-style wand which is perfect for me. It lengths and separates my lashes a treat! I popped this on my Christmas list and Santa didn't disappoint. I have tried so many other mascaras but this is the only one for me.


Have you tried any of these products? What's your current beauty fave?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. I too discovered the Soap and Glory blusher by accident and I'm so glad I did. I think its worthwhile to get those little free gifts once in a while to test out new things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blush is so pretty & I love the sound of the hand cream! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete