Life lately (turning 31, throwing shapes and a trip to the theatre).

12.2.16

I've been busy over the last couple of weeks, mainly getting older and celebrating that fact with my friends and family. It's truly been my best birthday yet. I have been thinking back to my 30th birthday and how different my life was then. A lot can change in 12 months, that's for sure. I might not have had glandular fever this time last year but I wouldn't change how things are now for anything! 

I've been spoilt with so many lovely gifts, and I feel very lucky indeed, not to mention having a song written and performed for me by my hugely talented and massively dishy boyfriend. I may have cried a little. Okay, a LOT. It was epic!

We had an amazing 3 course meal at Silversmiths on the evening of my birthday, just the two of us. Much more low-key than my 30th birthday was (i.e. no tequila) but absolutely perfect. We chatted the night away; making plans for the future and talking about how much good stuff we've got to look forward to. I've been to Silversmiths 3 or 4 times before and it never disappoints. The food is insanely good and our waitress was lovely.
 

Last weekend I combined supporting my boyfriend's band at the o2 Academy with an opportunity to get dressed up and have a night out with a couple of good friends of mine. It's one of the best nights out I've had in ages! I danced until my feet protested and until Subway called our names. The band were on top form, as always. If you like good music you should definitely give them a listen - link!
 
photo credit - Mal Whichelow

Last night saw the last of my birthday celebrations at the Lyceum theatre. I mentioned aaages ago that I wanted to see Hairspray as it's one of my favourite films, so Paul picked up tickets as a surprise. The show was amazing; I don't think I stopped smiling the whole time. I also haven't stopped singing since, much to the annoyance of everyone around me. I definitely don't go to the theatre enough especially to see musicals. Such good fun!

Best.birthday.ever.! You know, apart from the being 31 bit. Cheers! x
 
 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 comments:

  1. <3 You are so inspirational Victoria! A fighter, a dream catcher & a downright lovely person. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's such a kind thing to say! X

      Delete
  2. So happy to hear you've had such an amazing birthday! :) Your boyfriend sounds totally sweet for writing a song for you!!

    Renee | Lose the Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly is very sweet and thoughtful. A good egg :) X

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the perfect birthday! And you're right, your boyfriend is very dishy! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good birthday x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww sounds like a fantastic birthday. And how sweet is your boyfriend?!

    Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

    ReplyDelete