Berlin - day three (our last full day).

23.5.16

For our third and final full day in Berlin we took things a bit steadier and revisited a few sights we had seen on our first day. It was another scorcher of a day but with a cool breeze, which was most welcome, but we were well and truly flagging after a busy couple of days.

Day three:

* We walked to the market at Mauerpark, stopping for breakfast on the way, and spent ages looking at all the amazing stalls. We bought a couple of prints for our home after a lot of deliberating on which ones to choose. I also treated myself to a new ring to add to my collection. 

* After the market we hopped on the U-bahn and went back to the area we went to on our first day for another nosy. We spent some time at the Holocaust Memorial dedicated to the Jewish victims of WWII. We also spent some more time near Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag building.

* Our intention was to go on a river tour but our aching legs couldn't carry us that far down the river so instead we tracked down Dunkin Donuts (on my request) and enjoyed a donut and a coffee in the blazing sunshine, watching the world (and various tour groups) go by. People watching is the best!


* We eventually admitted defeat and headed back to our apartment for a well earned rest and to research somewhere nice to go for our final evening meal.

* We had dinner at Onkel Ho where the food was really good. I tried a tofu curry which had such a delicious sauce but tofu, as much as I want to love it, is definitely not for me. Our night was cut short as I unfortunately didn't feel too good (damn chronic fatigue syndrome). Too much walking and sunshine and not enough water drinking does not equal a functioning Victoria. 

* We packed our cases and hit the hay, ready for our flight the next morning.

We had such a lovely time in Berlin and we would really recommend it if you're looking to book a city break. We flew from East Midlands with Ryanair and our flights were really reasonable. We stayed in an apartment which we booked through Air BnB. If you fancy a change from a hotel then apartments are such a neat idea. We got ours for just over £40 a night which is so cheap! Plus our host was lovely. The location of our apartment ideally would have been closer to the underground station t make it less tiring for us to explore but nonetheless it was still a great shout.

I hope this has been helpful! 

 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 comments:

  1. I loved my trip to Berlin. It's such a great city and I'm so I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip there too! And I love the pictures! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading :) Such a great place isn't it!

      Delete
  2. All these photos are just gorgeous, so so pretty! I loved Berlin when I visited at the beginning of the year, it's such a cool city! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'd love to go back, especially if it was beautifully sunny again! :D

      Delete
  3. I went to Berlin in December for the German markets- would definitely recommend them to anybody! I wish I had done more research with regards to places to eat though. We just popped into anywhere when we started feeling hungry and were presented with some questionable dishes!


    Claudia xx
    www.claudiawright.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to go when the Christmas markets are on. That would be ace!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you've had a wonderful trip! :) I would love to visit Berlin one day!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should pop it on your list - it's a great place to visit for a few days!

      Delete