Giraffe, Sheffield (new Spring menu).

14.5.16

Last week we had a lil' midweek date night courtesy of the lovely folk at Giraffe in Meadowhall. Neither of us have been to a Giraffe restaurant before but we were really impressed. First things first our waitress (Megan J) was so lovely! It was a real breath of fresh air to be served by someone really friendly and who engaged in conversation with us. She gave us recommendations when we were struggling to choose what to order and was attentive without being over the top.

We had a great evening trying out the new menu and we would definitely go back to try Giraffe again for lots of reasons.

* There are plenty of healthy options to choose from so if you're watching your calories you can still eat out and not feel guilty about it. Salads, veggie curries, noodle dishes. Even some of the naughtier dishes are served with healthy slaw or salad.

* There is a special deal on some drinks which makes them half price at certain times so you can go steady on the final bill if you stick with certain beers and cocktails. 

* There are plenty of vegetarian options to choose from and a handful of vegan options too. The vegan dishes aren't marked on the menu but they are identified on the website, so you can check what's available beforehand. The website also indicates which dishes are suitable for coeliacs. 

* Last but certainly not least there was a Pinot Grigio Rose on the menu which is my favourite type of wine. Often restaurants only have sweet rose which doesn't float my boat so next time I will make sure I'm not driving so I can have a glass or two!

Drinks: Red Stripe beer (half price) / sunshine coast iced tea
Starter: Nachos Nirvana

The nachos were delicious! There is the option to have them with chicken and chorizo but we went for the vegetarian option as I'm not eating meat at the moment. There were plenty for two people and plenty of toppings to go around. Nothing worse than a dry nacho with nothing to dip in!

Mains: halloumi and falafel burger (me) / slow-cooked jerk ribs (Paul)
Sides: Sunshine Slaw / beer battered onion rings
Pud: churros

The veggie burger I tried was a step up from the usual bog standard veggie option at other places I have been to. It was huge and packed full of quinoa sprouts, leaves, roasted pepper and tzatziki sauce. There were a lot of flavours going on but they worked really well together.

Paul said the ribs were really tasty and his side option (which I tried), the Sunshine Slaw, tasted really fresh and tangy. The onion rings were good. Not the best I've ever had but good nonetheless.

I've always wanted to try churros and, even though I was pretty full by this point, I was determined to fulfil my churro wish! We got a portion to share (but they do a sharing size too) and I loved them. Sugary, cinnamony, warm, and the dipping sauce was divine!

A big thank you to Giraffe for inviting us to try the new menu. We will be back I'm sure of it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 comments:

  1. Wow, the food looks delicious!! I deffo gotta try out one of these restaurants
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah those nachos look heavenly!
    Sophie
    x
    A Story of a Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum everything looks great! Especially the burger, I love tzatziki!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love a bit of tzatziki too! In fact I'm going to pick up a pot of it soon. Craving it now! :')

      Delete
  4. This sounds so good - I always go to the same places for food in Meadowhall so i'll have to give Giraffe a try!

    Caz | This is Caz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely! It has a nice vibe in the restaurant too. Nice and chilled, not like some of the other places.

      Delete