Life lately (one year anniversary, a new Instagram account and a shed load of colouring in).

26.8.16

It has been a little while since I did a "life lately" post (middle of June to be precise!) and I really need to get better at doing them because my memory isn't what it used to be and I forget what I've done (which is impressive considering I'm usually feeling ill and don't do an awful lot!)

With the help of bullet points and an afternoon where I've got a little bit of energy, here's what I have been up to lately. 

- The end of June saw us celebrate our "1 year since our first date" anniversary. I was surprised on the morning of our anniversary with a note to pack my suitcase and a swimming cossie. That afternoon I was whisked away to a hotel for the night. We relaxed by the pool and used the sauna/steam room, strolled round the grounds, had an amazing meal (where they catered to me being gluten free without batting an eyelid which was massively appreciated!) and enjoyed a Pug-free sleep-in. I was still on antibiotics and only just recovering from a nasty bout of mastitis so I wasn't feeling or looking my best, and I couldn't have any free prosecco (SOB!), but it was such a lovely treat and a welcome distraction from everything else going on. Paul really is a good egg.


In other news;

- I recently went to the Isle of Man to visit my sister, her husband and my beautiful niece Mabel, and Paul came along too! We had a few days together to see the sights before he headed home for work and I stayed on for a few extra days.

- I set up a new Instagram account (@thefogalwayslifts) to document my recovery from glandular fever/chronic fatigue syndrome. My regular account (@lilyloveslola) will still be the place for pug stuff, blog stuff and general life bits and bobs, but my new account will focus on my health/food/exercise/CFS/reviews and give me a place to talk about my condition more freely.

- In the last week I have binge-watched My Mad Fat Diary (apart from the very last episode which I can't bring myself to watch because then it's all over!) which inspired me to buy a fancy new diary, then I remembered how much my hand aches when I write because I don't hold my pen properly.. #niceone

- We threw a BBQ on one particularly sunny Saturday evening, I had too much to drink, and it took me a week to recover. Whoops!


- I bought a new colouring book and it's amazeballs!

- I started using a natural deodorant and I haven't turned into B.O. Bill!

- We went to see David Brent: Life on the Road at the cinema and laughed, cringed and thought it was pretty great.

- I've been working on a new cross stitch and getting back into enjoying stitching again.

- We have been working on our garden by adding a wooden border, plants, flowers and fairy lights, and it's such a lovely place to sit when the sun comes out or on an evening with a cup of cocoa. I feel really lucky to have a place to call home after moving around and feeling unsettled for so many months.


What have you been up to lately? :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've got such a lovely, understanding guy in your life and you're feeling more settled now :) I always have lots of ideas for creative/art journaling, but just don't have the energy/time at the moment so never seem to get round to it! One day though! Your colouring book looks ace!

    Jenny xx

    www.jaffacat.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will get there ❤️
      Thanks for stopping by Jenny! X

      Delete
  2. Aww your first date anniversary sounds so nice! You can tell you're really happy :) xx

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's good that my happiness is coming through! Makes me even happier ha! :)

      Delete
  3. Ah that's such a nice surprise! Also. Loving that floral blouse. Also also, samesies on the drunk bbq front. Sadly mine was with a load of strangers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, at least they won't say you're a party pooper aye! :)
      Thanks for stopping by. X

      Delete